Gold Blue Tongues?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

serenaphoenix

Reaction score
I've been mostly sticking to snakes so this might be completely normal and i don't know about it ... but i was walking to my boyfriends place the other day and on my way i saw a primarily "gold" coloured blue tongue.

It was pretty average sized as far as i know of blue tongues and definately had the signature tongue and back pattern - except the part that's normally grey/silver was yellow/gold.

and don't say pics or it didn't happen - i don't carry a camera everywhere and i have a dodgy cheap mobile.. lol.

just wondering if this is... normal?

did it look like this ??

attachment.php

it's head was different and no green as far as i remember - more of a gold than a yellow... just not quite that exotic - the yellow wasn't quite as bright - but yes kimba, pretty much ... is this completely normal in the wild?

i wouldnt say completely normal but as with most herps there is a huge variation depending on locality.

so many differences, where do i start lol

yeah but it was gold - all the blue tongues i've ever seen have been variations on grey/black even blue-ish tones...

snake ranch should be breeding these guys - he/she was lovely!

i see bluey in it abit but not much .goldern coloured blueys are out and about i;ve seen some goldern/yellow kiama locale blueys but then i've seen dark ones and creamy coloured markings

i have a dark kiama locale and i know GARTHNFAY have a yellowy goldern coloured one next time i see some wild ones i'll gets some pics

I love this site - "blue tongue skinks are found in new guinea, australia and tasmania"

the Aussie blue tongues are so much nicer than the indonesian ones...

Last edited:
Not quite lizard lover - more like the indonesian one - in at least the sense that it had different stripes and was ... golder (regardless of the grammatical correctness of that word)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back