good news and bad news and help needed!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minusone

Reaction score
so yesterday I got the 2 baby beardies.

$120 for 2 (6 weeks old)

one of them is great. wide eyes, responsive, eats woodies and is awesome.
the other one looked really nice with the colours, and was sleeping when we got them. it wouldn't eat, and didn't open it's eyes at all. just stumbled around a little bit and cuddled the other one for warmth.

came out this morning and that one was dead. =( </3

have i been sold a sick lizard?
did the change in environment put too much shock on it?
do i ask for a refund/replacement?

i would have a chat to the seller, i think a refund is in order especially concidering you only were looking after it for less than 24 hours

sydney to campbelltown.

not far

just want some opinions before I email him so i can figure out what to say without being aggressive and abusive

Definetly chat to the person who sold it to you!
Why would one be so affected by the environment change while the other wasn't?

the other one looked really nice with the colours, and was sleeping when we got them.

I'd suggest in the future when buying animals to pick ones that are alert rather then nicely coloured. I think the person selling them may have known that it wasn't a strong animal so have a chat with them.

no idea. that's the only answer i could think of other than 1 was already really really sick.

don't want to have to send someone round there for the sake of $60. that just seems stupid, but at the same time i would like to have 2 healthy beardies

yeah just tell him that one of the bearded dragons you bought off him died lastnight and you dont believe it was your fault because you only had them for 24 hours or so

would definatly be asking for my money back or another lizard sounds a bit suss to me mate

Make sure you gently warm it up before disposing of the body.
I've seen lizards that look well and truly dead after a night in the cold. In fact there's been a few cases of dragons sleeping at the bottom of their water bowl overnight only to reveive with heat.

it was upside down.
and didn't move at all when i picked it up.

should i put it under the heat lamp?

Has rigormortis set in, or is the body still kind of floppy?

if its still floppy, it mite be still alive
place it under the heat lamp for awhile
seperate from the other lizard
n see if that revives him

i would give the seller a call and speak to him in person as sometimes email can be miss interpreted and people can get upset for no reason, at least on the phone u can explain the situation with out them getting offended and hopefully resolve this terrible sittuation with no one getting upset.... i'd put him under the lamp anyway.... if he's dead its not gunna hurt him if he's not u may be very lucky? i'd sugest a lamp away from the other one though as u dont want to risk infection if it is had an illness that can be transmitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back