good news and bad news and help needed!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you gently warm it up before disposing of the body.
I've seen lizards that look well and truly dead after a night in the cold. In fact there's been a few cases of dragons sleeping at the bottom of their water bowl overnight only to reveive with heat.

Agreed.

Simone.

k, got the mrs to put the bowl with the "dead" one near the heat lamp.

to lighten the mood...the healthy one "Elvis" is active and took a bath in his drinking water and ate more woodies this morning and is the cutest little guy ever!

actually...thinking about it..it'd be kinda fitting if Elvira comes back from the dead.
=)

dunno.
i'm at work, and my g/f has gone to work.
she put elvira close to the heat lamp, so i'll find out when i get home at 6pm.

the guy hasn't responded to the email yet.

Oh dear, I hope you walk in the door to some good news, that's a real bummer. Worst case I hope you hear back from the seller.................:|

bad luck!! you should really get your cash back imo. i always tell buyers that if anything happens in two days ill replace it! dont dispose of the body!!!!!!! freeze it, many (including myself) wont replace or money back unless they see the body to prove its dead and not a scam (better to be safe then sorry) good luck mate.
got any pics of Elvis?

:(

Any news??
Sorry to hear about your beardie:(! , hopefully you have some good news;)?
If not I belive the seller should definately refund or replace..:x

Make sure you gently warm it up before disposing of the body.
I've seen lizards that look well and truly dead after a night in the cold. In fact there's been a few cases of dragons sleeping at the bottom of their water bowl overnight only to reveive with heat.

mine do that :shock: i bought 4 water dragon juvies a couple of weeks ago and almost every night there was at least one in the water, not the same one every time. it kept freaking me out so much that now i take the water out, or move it near the heat source so that it isn't freezing overnight.

I hope your beardie is ok :| if not definitely talk to the seller.

-Penny

I really hope everything turns out ok for you. And the little beardie of course....Keep us posted on the outcome with the seller too

While we are on this subject does someone want to start a poll, Im not sure how to do it, but i think this subject would be great.... If you were the seller and an animal died within 48 hours would you....Tell them to go jump, replace or refund, etc etc.
What do you think?

Pet shops have to replace any animal that gets sick or dies within the first week of purchase, and you also get a 3 day cooling off period incase you impulse nuy. Its part of a new code of pratice. I agree, within 3 days, it prob wasn;t the buyer at fault, and i would refund.

it kept freaking me out so much that now i take the water out, or move it near the heat source so that it isn't freezing overnight.

leave your water in there, and leave it down the cold end! moving it to the warm end will increase the humidity substantially! and they are "water dragons" for a reason!

its been getting down to 1 - 2 degrees here in adelaide over night and my water dragons outside in the aviary still sleep in the water..... its just what they do!

You taking the water bowl out would be like someone taking your bed out of your bedroom.... you wouldnt be impressed would you! :)

so far. no more beardie. she's gone
=(

he didn't reply to my email and didn't call me back.
will call him tomorrow

Elvis is doing fine. he's happy and healthy.

T42 do you really think it would get honest answers to your poll......I dont think anyone would answer "twll them to go jump" and post it on here. Not very smart business is it.

Lesson learnt from your experience, only buy healthy active animals. I hope the heat works as baby beardies are notorious for playing dead and will continue to give their owners heart attacks for a few months too. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back