Good quality temperature controllers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyboy

Reaction score
Hi all I am in the market for a good quality temperature controller and stumbled on this item:

(Sorry this post won't allow me to link to ebay)

It's pretty cheap but I'm not sure of the quality. What do you think? And which other brands would you suggest? I'm scared of it failing and eventually roasting inhabitants.

Anyway it's about a thermometer/controller thingamajig on ebay called
id="vi-tTbl" style="width: 1030px; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small"
|-
| colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="vi-tTblC2" style="width: 880px; min-width: 620px; vertical-align: top" | [h=1]Digital Thermostat Temperature Controller Aquarium Greenhouse Snake with probe[/h]
|-

Thanks!

I use one of these for my heat mat under a click clack and so far has been really good, apart from having to set the temp a bit higher than the desired temp. (I put a thermometer probe next to the probe for the thermostat just to be on the safe side and readings are slightly different but trust my thermometer reading better as it is a good brand.)

i think i might get one of them probly works just as good as the $100 ones

Cool... i ordered one as well.

lana09 if i may ask how long have you been using your controller?

Cool... i ordered one as well.

lana09 if i may ask how long have you been using your controller?

I've been using mine for about 3 weeks or so and haven't had any problems at all.

I monitor all temps by thermometer (reptile one brand) and have had no issues. I know some of the thermostats can be quite expensive, I will be getting a more expensive one later on when I have finished building my big enclosure but that's only because I want to get a dimming one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back