litter size for Bobtails

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elapidae1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
style="width: 100%"
|-
| style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: small; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 1px" |
cellpadding="3" style="width: 100%"
|-
| style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: small; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(175, 198, 219)" |
cellpadding="5" style="width: 100%"
|-
| valign="top" width="85%" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: small; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif" | Checked on the bobbies today to find a single baby.
Has anyone ever heard of them only having given birth to single young or birthing over a couple of days?
|-
| valign="bottom" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: x-small; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif" |
|-

|-

|-

While not common, they can have one young or, even less common, triplets, instead of the more usual twins. Someone on here reckoned theirs had four young but when I asked about them I did not get a reply...?

Bobtail Triplets X-ray.jpg
An x-ray showing triplets, compliments of Ruth Haight, Kanyana, Perth. Two young are clearly visible while the skull of third one is partially behind the pectoral girdle and the vertebrae cand be seen curving away along the left hand side near the front.
Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where they come from. You will find in some areas T.r.asper generally give birth to a single offspring. These are usually well developed.

1 is not uncomen and yes i have had one give birth to 4 and i think i did reply bluetongue ???? i have had 12 breedings only
1- 3
2- 7
3- 1
4- 1
the female that had the 4 also had the 3 but 2 years later of the 3 single clutches 2 of the females were first time breeders hope this helps
cheers mick

Thanks for the replies this is my first breeding. The whole time I had been expecting 2, lol

I didn't witness any breeding behaviour between the pair but noticed the change in her behaviour.
Straight after the birth she was 520g and the young was 147g. Pretty cool

Yeah it's their first time, I was beginning to wonder that they were incompatible or same sex, so I'm pretty stoked.

now you have a compatible pair you will have no worries hopefully next year they have 2 or 3 some of my pairs only breed every second year but i did have some breed in succesive years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back