urgently need help with my thermostat!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jallen89

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
hi,

i have my first snake on hold, a beautiful black headed python. I'm currently having trouble setting my new thermostat. its a THZ-220. here is a link with info TMZ-220 Day Night Thermostat Timer | Reptile Direct Australia
now I've got the light switching but the heating won't come on. I've changed the times to match up with the light and it still doesn't turn on. is there anyone in or near melton that can help me? i will pay you :)
I've spent a few weeks getting the enclosure ready this is the 2nd last thing.
thanks,
Jesse
id="vi-tTbl" width="1264" style="width: 1264px; clear: both"
|-
| colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="vi-tTblS" style="padding-right: 17px" |
| colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="vi-tTblC2" style="width: 880px; min-width: 620px; vertical-align: top" | [h=1][/h]
|-

If you're really desperate try just disconnecting the lighting completely or switching the sockets you've connected the lighting and heating. I don't even bother connecting my light to the thermostat-I have it connected to a power point and just turn it on and off manually. Not sure what kind of lighting a black headed python requires but my carpet python is perfectly healthy and all the light she gets these days is just daylight through the window and when I take her outside.
A reptile store owner told me that when his thermostat started playing up you have to sometimes reset them and leave them off for a little while.

Check what wattage the bolb is? There is a limit to how many watts a thermostat can handle (usually about 100w) A heatpad is usually 30-40w, but if you have a 150w lamp and a 40w heatpad, the thermostat prolly cant handle ir. Run the heatpad off the thermostat and the lamp on a different timer?

Contact "Reptiles direct" directly, or PM them on here.
I'm sure your not the first to have trouble setting a thermostat up.
Sometimes the instructions that come with them leave a lot to be desired.

Hi Jesse,
You wouldn't believe it but I have exactlly the same thermostat set up and I couldn't make heads nor tails of it so let my other half work it out..Still haven't got it perfect but the heat and light are working...
Ok...If you have it all set what you need to do is start at the begining so push the set button for 3 to 4 sec and release and push again...the first temp will flash and I think its the night time temp ,you will know by the moon at the top.
Anyway while its flashing use the up/down to change the temp to what you want and then push the set button
Do the same again and change the temp to what you want and then push the push the set button.
You are now in the the area that you can change the temp difference by using the up/down arrows change to the setting you want .Push set and do the same again,push set and now leave it alone unless you want to change the timing setting as it will just go back to normal.
I hope this helps.I am running a 150 watt ceramic heat globe and a fluro under cabinet light from bunnings for the day light. The night light is run on a seperate timer.
..Good luck..Cloe..:lol:

1st is Day temperature see sun, 2nd is night see moon, 3rd is difference in temperature, 4th is alarm difference, 5th is light on then light off, 6th 2nd light on then off. Then the actual time you set. Then day time you want to start you should see sun again. Next is the night time temp you want to start should see moon. If you can't pm me I'll give you my phone and I'll explain it on phone. I had one similar and took me a while to work it out.

you guys are amazing! thank you all so much for the help. my friend came over and found out the actually AC power cord was broken so he replaced that and now it works fine. the only thing I'm stuck in is the 3rd setting"difference in temp" does this mean the difference between night and day? or the range in which the alarm will go off?

thanks again for the help :)

you guys are amazing! thank you all so much for the help. my friend came over and found out the actually AC power cord was broken so he replaced that and now it works fine. the only thing I'm stuck in is the 3rd setting"difference in temp" does this mean the difference between night and day? or the range in which the alarm will go off?

Say you set it to 30 degrees then you set that to 2 degrees difference it should stay between 28-32 difference. The alarm is the next setting say you set it up for 2 difference if it fall either side of say 28 or 32 it will go off. Hope you understand that.

Last edited:
Check what wattage the bolb is? There is a limit to how many watts a thermostat can handle (usually about 100w) A heatpad is usually 30-40w, but if you have a 150w lamp and a 40w heatpad, the thermostat prolly cant handle ir. Run the heatpad off the thermostat and the lamp on a different timer?
I'm sorry CaptainRatbag I don't mean to be rude but if you look at the link you will see it's rated to 1200 watts. Sorry if I sound rude.

Yep good post it would be good to have them in dimming not just on off

Cheers Brenton

Thats ok I thought that should help and explain things for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back