Gorgeous little Roadkill Carpet!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive tonigh and among other things this had to be be the worst...this absolutely beautifully coloured coastal had just been hit and was stll alive.

Also a Bells lacie i'm pretty sure and a few other things including a roadkill frillneck..

This coastal was such a pretty snake and such a shame...bloody cars!!!

2004_0118rkillcarpet0104.jpg

2004_0118rkillcarpet0103.jpg

2004_0118rkillcarpet0090.jpg

Tragic!

That's so bloody tragic & saddening!!! :cry:

Why don't people slow down?! :?

They're such slow moving animals too.
It's not hard to avoid hitting these beautiful animals.

Speed kills!!!
One day they'll kill a child or old person!

Yep i've seen more roadkill than live just about lately.The carpet had been hit on purpose it was smack in the middle of a small very non busy road too.I did have a wallaby jump straight out into the side of my car tho lucky i was just going slow....

thats really sad to see :( some ppl have no respect

That's so horrible to see, both the coastal and the lacie look like they were really nice reptiles. So upsetting, especially when you know that people have gone out of their way to hit the reptiles. Nice pics Browns.

re Gorgeous

Nice looking carpet browns and bells lacey,thanks for pics it shows where most end up,either that or under a bulldozer,what a bitch :roll:

That was a stunning coastal! What a damned shame! :( Same with anything that gets flattened on the road.

I must say, I've come close a number of times in accidently running over various elapids that have literally shot out over the road in front of my car whilst driving along some of the country highways etc. They are just so damned fast! I've been lucky, and so have they, that I've missed. Sometimes, and sadly, it's unavoidable :(

nice pics !!!! damn animals never harm anyone why cant people not harm them :(

It died right in front of me craig i would have helped if i could have but couldn't in this case...it was a beautiful coastal alright such a shame it couldn't pass on it's genes.

the coastal was stunning...it's really sad to hear about these things

A few more to add to the list of thousands of Herps killed yearly by heartless drivers. What a shame....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back