Got Floyd to Eat!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippii

Reaction score
Yay!

I've been so nervous about offering him his first meal, in case he refused it.

It took a bit of prompting, but he took the baby ratty. It was really quite an amusing sight, once he'd constricted it and was sure he'd killed it (impressive, killing an already dead rat), it took him a good 20 minutes to locate the head, and a further 10 minutes of gumming its face before he actually started swallowing it.

Does anyone else's snakes have trouble finding the right end of the rat after constricting it? I could not stop giggling!

Anyway :D just thought I'd share, I'm too excited not to tell someone about it and I don't know anyone in person that would share that excitement.

I did attempt to video the whole performance, but the lighting was bad and my camera is pretty shocking, so it's no work of art. But if anyone wants to have a look at lil Floyd's attempt at eating, feel free: First Time Feeding Floyd (Cape York Carpet Python) - YouTube (don't worry, the music gets better after the first 10 seconds, I put that in there for a friend haha)

Renae x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back