Got to love Darwin's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice set up bud, Thanx for that. Also what substrate is that ???, where to get it ???, how much for how much???. Cheers BigBrad

I love the tricorner braces for branches as shown above. Makes redecorating and cleaning much easier. Substrate looks like the wood chip they use for rats and mice at the RNSH animal house. I use similar compressed shavings bought from a pet shore for about $20 for a bag 1 m x .4m x .4 m. One bag lasts ages and makes an attractive mulch for the garden when cleaned out. I hope it will also repel rodents from the house area because of the strong smell of snake urine :)

The substrate is Aspen, a mate started importing a while ago I will PM you with his details.

Cheers that would be great bud, I knew it wasn't wood shavings as I use that also for my rats and by all reports is too dusty, that aspen looks more granually . If you can pm me the details that would be great bud . Also can you give us a quick run down on wacking a couple of those tile hides together bud. Cheers BigBrad

Also can you give us a quick run down on wacking a couple of those tile hides together bud. Cheers BigBrad
To make the hides all I use is 2 x 300x300mm standard floor tiles and construction adhesive. Divide 1 of the tiles into 3 pieces with angle grinder and tile disc, this means you end up with 3 bits at 300x100mm. Now take 1 of those pieces and cut it down to 280mm long. Now you simply glue it all together. So it looks like the pics below, then let it cue for a while wash then its good to go.

8152418785_2026b22097_k.jpg

8152421267_4cfb99424f_k.jpg

Thanx mate I love them , simple , easy , yet practical and looks good well done ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back