Gravid angle head?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Took some pickies of my 9 month old girlie, she has been getting rather rotund over the last few weeks, no increase in food.

She has been housed with three male clutch mates, which had to be seperated recently due to fighting, I have also caught the dominant male in the 'mating' position (on top and biting her shoulder) but not actually mating her. I don't have any experience breeding dragons, so would appreciate any feedback as to whether she may be in the early stages going by the pickies?

Is moist coir peat and sphagnum fine to use as a nesting medium, and 1:1 water to vermiculite mix and 28 degrees okay for incubation? What's the gestation period for angles and incubation length, and interval between clutches?

Sorry for all the q's!!

From above
100_4480.jpg

100_4485.jpg

100_4482.jpg

From underneath
100_4476.jpg

100_4475.jpg

Underside of male for comparison
100_4492.jpg

I dont know much about dragons, but goodluck with her.

Hey Saz,
Talk to chanty, he has bred them before.

Yup, looks gravid to me, 9 months is about right for her first clutch. Interval can be anything from 3 weeks to 3 months, I only got 3 clutches in my girls first season, but had 6 clutches from one older female. 28C sounds a bit warm, I think I used 26C but I'm not sure it was a few years ago. Coir / sphagnum is perfect, I had shpagnum layed over about 15cm of coir. 1:1 water : vermiculite is perfect. Can't remember incubation period. Eggs and babies are a little bit smaller than N. levis.

Pleased to hear you think she is gravid. Will be nice to have some feisty dragon babies!

Awwww...smaller than levis hatchies, they are going to be so CUTE!

Will have to get the second incubator up and running if they need to be cooked at 26, my gecko incubator runs at 28.

Thanks for the help!

:0)

HI,

She could be gravid, my female is very gravid at the moment. You don't want to go any higher than 26 degrees as this can cause problems with incubation. I have learnt from others that putting them on the shelf is sometimes the best way to incubate them. (depending on where you live) My incubation was about 70 days. Best of luck and keep an eye on her digging acticity

hey, have u got any news on your angle head female. is she gravid

could you also leave the eggs to hatch "naturally" or best to incubate?... and a tip for when it does lay eggs dont turn the egg at all mark the top and THATS THE TOP good luck :D

could you also leave the eggs to hatch "naturally" or best to incubate?... and a tip for when it does lay eggs dont turn the egg at all mark the top and THATS THE TOP good luck :D

I'll incubate them as I will have my second incubator set up by the weekend. I'll be running one at the normal 28 and one at 25 to see if temp does affect sex ratios in gecko species, so I'll stick them in the 25 degree incubator.

She still looks gravid to me! I think she's a little way off laying though.

:0)

good luck sarah, i may get hatchies off you when you got some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back