Great pic of bee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eirco, next time try uping the shutter speed to 1/2000 sec. to get the bee's wing to look like there not moving that all. but apart from that it's a great photo good job.

Well your brother "reckens" wrong, not only are they not pinned to a background, but they are not bees, they are hover flies :)

I know they aren't bees, I actually used to think they were wasps until I found out they were hover flies.

Eirco, next time try uping the shutter speed to 1/2000 sec. to get the bee's wing to look like there not moving that all. but apart from that it's a great photo good job.

I'd like to take the credit, but it wasn't my photo.
But thanks Luke, I'll let my friend know about the speeds.

I love to take macro shots of bugs... Here's a couple of Hover's I took....
Hover Flies are the Jungle Carpets of the bug world..lol
Check out how they tuck their legs up in flight, pretty cool I reckon!

Attachments

• bug in flight.jpg
    bug in flight.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 39
  • bug in flower.jpg
    bug in flower.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks...
There's alot of dud shots as well, that's the beauty of digital over film...

The first shot is of amegilla cingulata or the (Blue banded bee) It is Australias answer for greenhouse pollination of tomatoes instead of importing the dreaded European bumble bee (bombus terrestris).

I've seen some great shots of these guys we have a few colony's at work!

Thanks

I love macro too, have posted these before but some may have not seen them.

Attachments

• up1.jpg
    up1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 29
  • up2.jpg
    up2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 34
  • up4.jpg
    up4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 32
  • post3.jpg
    post3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 34
You can never get enough of great shots tan, iv'e seen them before, but you don't get sick of them...well done....
Maybe we start a macro thread!
bredli84, mine are a B, no pun intended, but all I had to offer for a hover fly! :lol:

Hover flys are so hard to take photos of! Mine aren't with a good quality camera, but I still think they're good shots :)

Last edited:
Thanks 4 the pics Jozz. Yep, you can tell the difference in the camera quality. But nonetheless, I think you have taken some remarkable shots there. It looks like a good camera in your hands would not go to waste at all.

Nice Isk, Love the detail you can see in the wings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back