Green tree frog cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm planning on getting a green tree frog, yes i was going to get an angle headed but I found these guys and fell in love with them straight away! So i'm looking at an exo terra tank thats 30cm wide by 30cm deep and 45 tall for $75, would that be ok for 1 green tree from baby to adult? Or were is a good place to buy a exo terra tank or glass terrarium cheap in vic. Thanks a lot and pics of setups and cages would be great.

the cheapest place i know of for glass terrariums is the shop in somerville, thats where i got my frogs glass terrarium from .

Should be enough room for one frog. I have the bare basics in mine.
Pebbles on the floor, water dish that I change every day with filtered water.
A rock to sit on and a piece of mangrove root to hide under and a couple of pipes to hide in.

If you think that is crappy, well it needs to be like that to clean, as they put all this slimy stuff over the glass.

Where are you getting that tank? I been looking everywhere for that exact size and the cheapest Iv found so far is $135

Reptilerookie, where are you?
I am in the Illawarra, we do not use any heating (but they are in the loungeroom) and just have a fluorescent light so they know it is daytime.

im in melbourne and i dont use a heat lamp/light . i just have there water heated to 24-26c and a caged uv light.

Im in Eltham, ill have a uv light and an aquarium heater because its out in my garage and it gets very cold in winter Fay know any places to get a good terrarium?

We have a reptile one tank with a sliding lid. Can't remember where I got it.
Also have to put a piece of wood in where it slides as they can open it LOL

Lol well i've found a cage on a new Zealand website lol it said $109 so i'm like oo not a bad price and then i saw the NZ part and i was like damn it its going to be like $200 in AUD lol but i converted it and its $85 AUD which was great. So ill grab that one and i've also got a uv hood and 5.0 fluorescent light and ill pick up an aquarium heater and use that to heat up the water a bit. I decided to just have it inside so i shouldn't have to worry about the purple heat light at night. Its 30cm wide 30 deep and 45 tall and should i get a filter? Im planning on have little pebbles as a substrate and dig a ditch in that and fill it with water so its like a river but not flowing then to clean it out get one of those pipes and put one end in the water and the suck on the other than the water will flow out forgot what thats called lol. Ill try get some pics it will be a while yet. Thanks for all your help guys =P

Hmm yes i did have a look at that site, i did take it into consideration but i found the other one and Pets dens ones don't come with backgrounds Thanks anyway.

I went through everything you are doing now.

Im just putting the final touches on my enclosure. I ended up buying a 45cm by 60cm zoomed tank. I was actually planning on an exo terra tank, but the guy at the shop recommended the zoomed as the exo terra has an annoying plastic bar in the mesh top which can get in the way if you plan on putting a round dome light on.

I recommend checking out Amazing Amazons, they often have cheapish aquariums which would probably do the job.

Will

View attachment 159972Here is my set-up, it has a waterfall that runs down on the back wall and is filtered and heated, also has the uv light that sits on top run by a timer, my GTF's seem to love it...they're always making some noise in the evenings!

Ok thats BigwillieStyles lol nice name, i'm going to drop in there this weekend hopefully, its the one in Glen Waverley right? Ill tell you if i pick up anything, i was going to get this cage off a website and at first i thought it was australian but when i ordered it, it said Cage - $95, Postage - $950, Total - $1,045 lol it was american so thanks for that.

why not try ebay i picked up a 30x30x30 exo terra with backing with cabinet, light stand and light ($70 in the herp shop just for the stand) two globes, and very large 30 cm plus tweezers plus some other bits all for $60 and it looks like new, housed a tarantula for 3months.

I keep my 'Green Tree Frogs 'in a variety of places they all seem to do well ,some are in the loo ,some like the shower and some prefer to be hanging out in my garden and outside sink area ...all ranging in size from as tiny as your finger nail to huge fat whoppers ....I dont even feed mine at all,they are freerange :) cant beat living in QLD if ya love GTFs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back