green tree frog help please!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaz681

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HI ALL I HAVE 5 GREEN TREE FROGS I GOT THEM WHEN THEY WERE THE SIZE OF PROBABLY A 2Oc PIECE ABOUT 5 WEEKS AGO. I HAVE BEEN FEEDING THEM NORMALLY AND GIVING THEM THEIR VITAMINS AS REQUIRED, WATCHING TO SEE THEM ALL GET FOOD AND THEY HAVE BEEN GROWING AWESOME AND ARE ALL VERY HEALTHY. EXCEPT FOR 1 WHICH I HAVE NOTICED HAS SLOWED IN ITS FEEDING TO A POINT WHERE IT HAS STOPPED I HAVE BEEN FEEDING BY HAND OK AND IN THE PAST WEEK HE WONT EAT AT ALL AND HE IS LOOSING STRENGTH AND HIS COLOR IS ALL BLOTCHY AND HE SHED WEIRD UNLIKE A FROG DOES.. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN SOME HOW FORCE FEED HIM OR SOMETHING SOME WAY TO GET ITS MOUTH OPEN TO GET FOOD IN?? I THINK HE IS GOING TO PASS AWAY :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

p.s. He's Gotten His Full Green Color Back Now I Just Looked. I May Be Freaking Out A Bit But Is Scary He's Not Eating. And Way Smaller Than The Rest Of The Family And Less Lively.

How often do you feed your frogs Jaz & how long since you actually saw this particular frog eat?
I have reared several spawns of Greens & they are all individual. Some are absolute pigs & grow very fast, others are quite frogs that hide a lot & dont eat as much, heance grow slower.

One of my GTFs is smaller, less active and eats less than the others. It only comes out every second to third feed but that seems to be enough for that frog. I hope your little one pulls through.

It Is Like U Said Small Quiet And Hides Alot And Not Active At All Really. The Last Time I Saw It Eat Was When I Hand Fed It Last Weekend. The Rest Are Absolute Pigs And Woof The Live Food Down And The Little One Just Lets The Food Just Stroll By. I Feed Them As Babies Every Night At The Moment While They Are Young And Give Vitamins Every 3rd-ish Feed. May I Be Freaking Out? Is Just A Massive Size Difference When All The Rest Are Big And Same Size

Feeding them every night is to often in my opinion Jaz. I know lots of people suggest feeding them more while there young, but three or four feeds a week is all id be feeding them. One week without food isnt the end of the world, but keep an eye on him. If this frog doesnt improve i would try seperating him from the other frogs to see if that changes his attitude. Ive done this with frogs that have grown slower just to feed em up a bit so they catch up to the other frogs.

ok i will do that Owzi it has been sort of like a 60-40 thing to feed them more when they're young so i went with the majority but i have thought to self alot to feed them a little less.. and i was going to buy a smaller enclosure for him this weekend to seperate him like you said. he is my favorite coz he come and rests on my hand when i put it in their house all the rest except for 1 other who is massive nosey and is always following me around and also comes and sits on my hand. the others stay away from me..

Damn! Sorry to hear that Jaz, really didnt sound that out of the ordinary! They are vulnerable when very young, but it sounded like yours were past that point/age. Real sorry Jaz, sucks to loose an animal, i dont think you couldv done more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back