Green Tree Frog help!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lisajohnson

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why my Green Tree Frog's hind legs are suddenly paralysed he is healthy and hopping around one day then the next he is just dragging his hind legs...can anyone please tell me why this could have happened and can the problem be fixed.
Thanks
Lisa

Hi Lisa, do you have a u.v light? Is it separated from the frog by perspex or glass? Do you dust your feeds with calcium?

Thanks for the reply
The frog is my sons girlfriends i don't think she has a uv light or dusts her feeds with calcium..could this be why it has happened?
lisa

Perhaps you could do a search on Green Tree Frogs and what they need, this site has a good search engine, as does Google.

I just found out that the frogs tank is kept near the window and gets sunlight all day and the crickets she feeds them gets fed gutload which provides them with calcium

Frogs need calcium intruduced to them via feeding, which they require just like humans for their bones. they cant get it any other way. The frog could possibly have brittle bones and injured himself during the night.

The food you feed the frogs should be dusted with calcium powder asap and ive always used a uv fluro for mine and they are very healthy.

Hope this helps.

The sun will not go through glass and provide UVB, it will only heat up the tank, so they arent getting anything out of the tank being near the window.

I hope the frogs get the care they need. :)

Just had a look at the care sheet, its very good, and easy to read, so I do hope it helps,

Please go to the care sheet recomended above and check all the requirements.

At this late stage the frog may not be able to be helped but you should get some sandoz liquid calcium. If you can make a post on the frog community in the health and disease section someone will advise you of the dosage rate you will need to apply. There is a announcement post tilted: Guidelines for health/disease postings - YOU MUST READ THIS

Please make a thread answering as many of the questions as you can.
If you go to the website in my signature and on that page there is a link to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back