Green tree frog needs help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaeYoung

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently aquired a green tree frog and have yet to have it's vivarium prepared.

I was wondering if there are ways for me to keep it for the time being that would help ease it's tension.

At the moment it is sitting inside a well ventilated 5lt container with 1/2 of an inch of water at the base. I have placed a long piece of thin fabric over the container in hopes of lessening stress when people pass by.

I'm worried because I've tried feeding it several times, with live woodies and flies but rather it seems to just ignore the insect. I've even used tweezers to feed it but it remains uninterested.

It's bright green color seems to be slightly diminishing.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

hrmmmm how did you aquire the froggie ... and where are you located?

For the time being, you can keep it in a large ice cream container with holes in the lid.
Put some peebles on the bottom and a deepish dish with filtered water.
It will be fine in there for the time being.

Change the water every day.
Try feeding with tweezers, make sure that you give them live bugs and that the front of the bug is near their face.

I usually keep gently pushing the bug onto their mouth and they generally take it after they get a bit annoyed.

I am specifically talking about Litoria Careuala.....other green frog species may be a lot harder to get to feed.

hrmmmm how did you aquire the froggie ... and where are you located?
I am situated in Ermington of NSW and I aquired the frog after my neighbours gave it to me when they suprisingly found it in their father's work truck. I don't know where it originally came from, sorry.

For the time being, you can keep it in a large ice cream container with holes in the lid.
Put some peebles on the bottom and a deepish dish with filtered water.
It will be fine in there for the time being.

Change the water every day.
Try feeding with tweezers, make sure that you give them live bugs and that the front of the bug is near their face.

I usually keep gently pushing the bug onto their mouth and they generally take it after they get a bit annoyed.

I am specifically talking about Litoria Careuala.....other green frog species may be a lot harder to get to feed.
Thank you very much. I will persist in trying to tweezer feed it and hopefully it'll eat :)) is an adult woodie okay? The frog is about 8-10 cms long

Sae,
You will need to surrender this frog to SOFAR or your nearest wildlife carer.
Even with a licence, you cannot just keep a frog.

Sae,
You will need to surrender this frog to SOFAR or your nearest wildlife carer.
Even with a licence, you cannot just keep a frog.
I see I guess that would be for the best considering how it seems like the Green Tree Frog won't eat. I've just spent an hour trying to feed but it seems like it still won't take it :(.
Looking up SOFAR now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back