Green Tree Froggy!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol oh ok - thanks Viridae, I get it now :lol: :oops:

Thanks guys - frogs.org.au looks great, I'll be sure to check it out.

meshe1969 - any idea how old it would be, given that it's about 7 or 8cm?

I would guess the frog would be from last season, im not really sure but they only get to around 10cm and they grow very quick in good conditions. I doubt it is an old frog anyway, should have a decade or 2 left in it.

Also if you arnt aware you should never handle a frog unless you have washed wet hands as the salt in your sweat is harmful.

Yeah I know, I washed and wet my hands in dechlorinated water before I picked it up.

Cute little bugger. It's the only GTF I've ever seen in our yard. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

meshe1969 - any idea how old it would be, given that it's about 7 or 8cm?

Could be anywhere between 1 and 30 years old! lol

I would say it is a bit on the younger side though, as it hasn't got much scarring or damage. Not many close calls with snakes, birds or anyone else who wants frog for dinner.

how dificult is it to get him feeding though thats what id be worried about

I'd let it go. Then I wold go through the normal processes and get a collectors (harvesters) licence.

Let it go, why? It's perfectly legal to remove them from the wild, no licence is needed.

does anyone know if the same rule applies in NSW. i had heard that you could keep garden skinks, from your property.

we have a few different species in the one yard, all in different spots. i always thought you could keep these, just not take them off the property.. etc. etc.

if you had an abundance of frogs in your area. i dont see the problem in keepign the cutie. then again, if you breed, and you put them back in the wild once toadlets, your only helping their population and success rate.

I thought kids are allowed to take tadpoles to watch them morph but they have to be put back where they where found after that in NSW..

Have been wrong before could easily be wrong again...

Ben

EDIT: Wrong again:lol: schools are allowed for educaional purposes

Last edited:
QC = "Queen's Counsel" - a long serving barrister (lawyer who practises at the bar - ie. court work), now called SC or "Senior Counsel", you could probably engage one for upwards of $2500 a day. But sounds like you do your research and know your rights / responsibilities so I think you are pretty safe. Great looking frog BTW. Has your husband named him/her ? :D

Thank you 77Loz :) Nope, he hasn't given it a name yet. He wanted to go with Freddo but I told him I thought that was slightly inappropriate given that it's probably a girl froggy :lol:

i just wanna say that is a BEAUTIFUL GREEN TREE FROG!. best of luck him or her!!!

have fun :D

CJ

Hi,
Nice frog. What i think would be good karma would be to catch or get another one then breed them and release all the froglets in a suitable nearby place :)

The law seems very confusing and especially confusing as different states have different laws. Can someone please tell me a website where i can get info on license and laws please?

Wow Miss B, what a beautiful and stunning GTF!!! :shock: :D

I love the green colouration!!!

It looks like a female to me, as the males have a darker throat. ;)

I wish you good luck and much fun with this little cutie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back