green tree snake on the hunt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smileysnake

Reaction score
sorry for picture quality but here is a couple of pics of ELVIRA on the hunt for some food..'look out little fishy i'm hungry'...i am going to try and get a video later hope you like themDSC_0212.jpgDSC_0213.jpgDSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0123.jpgyeah mate i will get another one up i have changed the pond and waterfall in this pic to the one that is in the feeding pic..all built by myself with a mister and fogger which is creating the blue light you can see in this pic...measurements of encosure is about 4 foot high by about 2 foot by 2 foot....:D

gday mate yeah thats all she eats about 10 of them a week so costs me a fortune....anyone know where i can get cheap goldfish, i finally got the petshop guy to sell them to me for $2 each,they are normally $4 each and i usually buy 20 at a time....:D

View attachment 268314yeah mate i will get another one up i have changed the pond and waterfall in this pic to the one that is in the feeding pic..all built by myself with a mister and fogger which is creating the blue light you can see in this pic...measurements of encosure is about 4 foot high by about 2 foot by 2 foot....:D

Dude that looks sic! very well done.
I'm on the hunt for care sheets on these guys as im planing on getting one early next year but not getting much luck, I find them... but not as much in depth info as the ol python.
How long have you kept this species for?

gday mate first thankyou..and checkout a post by a user named NicG he keeps lots of these and he has written a great caresheet on CTS it covers everything but really they are not that hard to look after the hard part is finding one for sale lol and trying to get them on mice which alot of people have said it causes liver problems but who knows what to believe. they are great snakes very active little buggers and eat and poo ALOT but yeah all good...and i have only had her for 3 months now.....:D

Cheers mate, I've had a look at NicG posts but can't see the care sheet, ill have to go a big search on Forum.

gday mate yeah thats all she eats about 10 of them a week so costs me a fortune....anyone know where i can get cheap goldfish, i finally got the petshop guy to sell them to me for $2 each,they are normally $4 each and i usually buy 20 at a time....:D

That's the worst diet you could possibly feed them, google "Thiaminase"

yes i know i tend to keep them in an aquarium for at least a week before they go in the enclosure and all the ones amazing amazon sell only ever eat goldfish and they seem to be ok and i have other people tell me mice are no good and i have heard that much bullshit about these snakes so i give the snake the food that it wants to eat...any other suggestions cos this snakes hates all other food dont know what else to do besides selling her to someone else but people wont pay the price that i want and they will tell me i am stupid cos i am asking so much ...sorry to be so negative mate ......

can you make me an enclosure like that and send it my way... looks great...

if your in sydney and you can pick it up cant send in post lol and you can prepay for all materials then pay me for time and effort when done and you dont want it tomorrow some of those plants came from overseas supplier can take a couple of weeks for delivery and if your serious yes we can work something out for sure...p.s thankyou for the complement......:D

what overseas supplier did you get the fake plants from?
$20 a week of food sorta sux, is that for feeder gold fish or "pet" gold fish?
other feeder fish that are regularly used are: Gambusia (mosquito fish)witch are a cheep feeder fish, platies fish and guppies.

this is the best care sheet i could find you have probably read this one already..
Dendrelaphis punctulata - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

Last edited:
I have two CTS. the female was on goldfish when I got her, either out of the water or from the tongs. I got her onto pinky rats very quickly by senting the pinky with goldfish, offering a fish first them a pinky etcc... U trick them into taking the pinky. Thats all she eats now. The male on the other hand wont take anything other than fish from either water bowl or in the hide. Still trying to get him to take fish from the tongs.

If u can get them taking the fish out of the tongs, then your half way there to getting them onto pinky's

im on gold coast unfortunately... out of curiosity what would you charge for something like that???

extra

hey jarrod the vines were from a place that does wedding supplies on ebay and the orange tree you see is from a synthetic tree warehouse in queensland i cant remember the names sorry i was just bored one day and just looked at heaps of sites looking for the right products...they are pet goldfish they are the only ones big enough guppies too small so not worth it platies a bit more expensive same with gambusia and too small and his feeder fish are too small aswell so im stuck......:D

- - - Updated - - -

there is about $20 of melamine,the glass door i had specially made with the frame cost me $180,the vines and synthetic tree $140 including freight,bamboo on back wall $20,pond and waterfall about $30,fogger/mister $15,heating and lighting got very cheap but would think normal value about $80,so all up this cost me almost $500 to build plus blood/sweat and tears lol....all worth it....:D dont know how much i would charge for the last part if i had all the stuff would be done in 4 days

- - - Updated - - -

hey bowdnboy yeah i have tried the scenting part she is not interested and she is actually scared of the tongs slithers the other way when she see's them lol..and the tricking part she has actually eating to pinky rats for me so i thought yeah too easy then when i tried again without the tongs she has had them in her mouth and literally spat them out has happened twice....and she loves the hunting part....:D

Last edited:
ha ha mareeba i dont know if it will work but i can try i suppose how big/small would you like it and how much would you be willing to spend...i suppose i can put it in a big box with plenty of foam packaging so should not be a problem...let me know in a couple of months and we will work something out......:D

hey jarrod the vines were from a place that does wedding supplies on ebay and the orange tree you see is from a synthetic tree warehouse in queensland i cant remember the names sorry i was just bored one day and just looked at heaps of sites looking for the right products...they are pet goldfish they are the only ones big enough guppies too small so not worth it platies a bit more expensive same with gambusia and too small and his feeder fish are too small aswell so im stuck......:D

- - - Updated - - -

there is about $20 of melamine,the glass door i had specially made with the frame cost me $180,the vines and synthetic tree $140 including freight,bamboo on back wall $20,pond and waterfall about $30,fogger/mister $15,heating and lighting got very cheap but would think normal value about $80,so all up this cost me almost $500 to build plus blood/sweat and tears lol....all worth it....:D dont know how much i would charge for the last part if i had all the stuff would be done in 4 days

- - - Updated - - -

hey bowdnboy yeah i have tried the scenting part she is not interested and she is actually scared of the tongs slithers the other way when she see's them lol..and the tricking part she has actually eating to pinky rats for me so i thought yeah too easy then when i tried again without the tongs she has had them in her mouth and literally spat them out has happened twice....and she loves the hunting part....:D

Thanks for all the info dude much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back