green tree snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smileysnake

Reaction score
Hi guys does anyone own a green tree snake or are you all too shy can I see some pics please not much on here and can we start a group or is there already one here somewhere thanks people

there are quite a few of us on here with cts, just seems to be very few of us getting good results with breeding, maybe thats why the numbers seem alot lower. beautiful snakes to own tho more upkeep than pythons.

Attachments

• greentree hatchy.jpg
    greentree hatchy.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 62
  • greentree4.jpg
    greentree4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 109
This is my CTS.
So far I have found her really easy to look after, Snakerelocations why do you say they have more upkeep than pythons?

I am looking for another juvenile, preferably male green or blue phase, maybe a swap for some geckos?

100_2574-1.jpg

just because as hatchies they can be hard to get feeding, and then for at least the first 6 months they need around 3 feeds a week, (because they have such a high matobilism rate that they generally need to be feed more often) and lastly they crap alot more, even tho there buisness is alot easier to clean up, try having 8 hatchies at a time, bit more work. Josh you should have told me earlier this year you were after more, I sold all mine within a week.

just because as hatchies they can be hard to get feeding, and then for at least the first 6 months they need around 3 feeds a week, (because they have such a high matobilism rate that they generally need to be feed more often) and lastly they crap alot more, even tho there buisness is alot easier to clean up, try having 8 hatchies at a time, bit more work. Josh you should have told me earlier this year you were after more, I sold all mine within a week.

Yeah I understand they are pretty finicky when young.
Id love to grab some of you if you breed them again :)

ill keep you in mind, the mother of mine was blue, the father was green, the last lot of hatchies had alot of blue on them, but still signs of green, very preety indeed, sold them all for $400, but should have asked for more if i had known they would dissapear that quick.

I have looked for a few. There does not seem to be many for sale! I would love a blue phase one also ;)

My missus is screaming at me to get a blue phase... even after I told her to expect to pay upwards of $800, she still want's one more than any other rep. Personally, I like the keelbacks, but I guess this means they are now second on the list of future aquisitions :rolleyes:

i think the cts are a better bet, they have awsome personalities, keelbacks seem to hide alot more imo, the only think i dont like with the hatchies is how flighty they are, i always handle them sitting on the floor, in a tiled room so they carnt get away to quick lol

There are a few places on the net that sell Blue phase. Have seen them as cheap as $500...but never available! personally I would be happy with any. Choices however would be (in no particular order:p )
Blue Phase
Golden
Common

:)

ive heard they eat fish from their water bowls is this true ? if so how good is it for them and can you make it a slightly more regular diet as in if they require 3 feeds a week when little can you feed say 2 feeds of fish then a rodent or something ? just curious as i have thought about getting one of these guys in the future the blue phase ones looks stunning

ive heard they eat fish from their water bowls is this true ? if so how good is it for them and can you make it a slightly more regular diet as in if they require 3 feeds a week when little can you feed say 2 feeds of fish then a rodent or something ? just curious as i have thought about getting one of these guys in the future the blue phase ones looks stunning

Yeah the one I have loves Guppies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back