Greetings from Canada's Great White North

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazard

Reaction score
Hello All
I have had a number of reptiles in my life. Now that I have started a new career as an Animal Health Nurse I have decided to concentrate on only one or two species. The current species is the spotted python. I love these little guys and I thought what better way to learn and get insite than to join a site that has a large number of members that live in the area my species comes from. I look forward to hearing from all of you and I hope you will let me pick your brains occasionally for information. It's great to be here!:D

You'll have to forgive me I have read a number of posts but help me out. I'm guessing mac is in reference to the latin for a spotted. Forgive me as well but we are limited in our breeding stock and have not found a good example of one in Canada or the US. Would this be what we term as a "true Cape York" spotted?????

mac= Antaresia maculosa the name for a spotted python

Last edited:
*sigh* How I miss Canada and you're from Alberta, just to rub it in!! :) Hows the snow going? Ill never forget the first time I saw real snow, flying into Calgary, so amazingly pretty! Hope you learn alot from here, Ive only been here a few months and have learnt so much!

Cheers

Hello and welcome there are alot of people with Macs here so you have found a great site!!. Here is a pic of my 5 week old Mac.

Attachments

• 000_0427.jpg
    000_0427.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 108
Hello All
I have had a number of reptiles in my life. Now that I have started a new career as an Animal Health Nurse I have decided to concentrate on only one or two species. The current species is the spotted python. I love these little guys and I thought what better way to learn and get insite than to join a site that has a large number of members that live in the area my species comes from. I look forward to hearing from all of you and I hope you will let me pick your brains occasionally for information. It's great to be here!:D

welcome Hazard! from an ex-Winnipegger...(now an aussie citizen) What part of Alberta are you from? I have to say I do not miss the winters in Canada! I LOVE Australia!
Congrats on your new career!
I am the HerpTrader (banner that runs on top of page): www.herptrader.com.au ...
;-) although my dear husband uses that name for his avatar on APS

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back