Greetings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retrac75

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Recently Joined APS and thought I say hello to all.

Sent away for my license last week and eagerly anticipating its arrival.

Looking at getting a snake for my 15yo's B'day. He has been Bugging us for the past 12mth and finally my wife has caved (YAY!)

My Father-in-law works with a Guy who has some young Proserpines that we can get one for $150. Just wondering if a Proserpine would make an Ideal 1st snake and if $150 is good, the usual or pricey for this species.

Thanks for all the great info in everyones posts.. Been a wealth of knowledge

James

Hi James,

Welcome to AP&S.

Jungle pythons (Prosepine is a local) can sometimes be a bit snappy. $150 is a not too bad a price, make sure they are healthy snakes and are feeding well before you buy.

first off welcome AP&S Proserpine carpets are nice snakes and some can be snappy but you get that with every type of python 150 is a good price for a snake just tell your son to do some research before he goes in to deep there ia alot to learn and always new things coming up you can find alot of people with be happy to help you send links to site and other things to help you one more thing there an addictive hobby so be prepared :)

Prosepine

I believe that the Prosepine is probably the best 1st snake as they generally have a lovely temprement and from my experience seem to be less snappy than most other snaes I have handled. The ONLY time my Prosepine snapped at me was when I was STUPID enough to put my hand in her cage while it was still fairly dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back