Grrr!!! Damn Cats and Wildlife!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This little guy has been hanging around our water feature on our verandah near the light and catching heaps of insects, for the last year. I think he WAS a Perron's Tree Frog. Last night a damn cat got him. Found him on the ground this morning, poor little fella!!! Bloody Cats. No wonder we have a cat trap for cats that stray around here. They are ferals in peril!!

Last edited:
man... we have the same thing happened with our common browns!
the neighbors russain blues kept trying to get at the pond, until she went in, she tryed to get a frog and fell in, never came back!
BUT the other was undeterrred. kick sand at them, it works, as well as hissing and shouting and running at them and chasing.
so do poisoned mice!

It must of happened during the night. I did not see it, so could not chase the damn cat away, worse luck. Now we don't have a froggie to watch at night anymore. Grrrr!!! I'm sooo p...ed off!!!

Sounds like you need a bigger snake or maybe a monitor ;)

We have the same problem. They kill the birds and frogs. We used to have alot of blue tongues around as well, not any more.

I've heard of home made sling shots making short work of cats.

That Sux! Bloody ferals!!! They do so much damage to wildlife!

it's very unfortunate the damage they do, but GEEZ no needs for comments like "it goes THUMP right?" god,something needs to be done but no need to tourment animals,look yourself in the mirror

THUMP goes the feral cat!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had a cat for 15 years, I seen her being born but I am disgusted at feral cats doing this to our wildlife!!!!!!!! My Kitty Kat goes out for half an hour each nite and comes back with feral mice. A cat gives there owner a prize as they see the owner being there for them and is impressed by being fed every nite so they offer a prize. My kitty came home sick the other nite and is going to the vet in the morning!!!!!! I love her more than ALL my herps put together and will hate anyone who wishes her ill health, but I do see anger when our wildlife is hurt too!!!!!! I have had Kittykat since her birth and hope she is ok!!! I will spend EVERY PENNY I HAVE TO SEE SHE IS OK!!!!!!!!!! For all the feral cats, I will feed them to my scrub python with no probs!!!!! Kittykat has been desexed since she was 6 months old!!!!!! I am a responsible cat owner!!!!!!

Anti-cat threads tend to go downhill quite rapidly, so I'd just like to remind everyone of Rule #14 and the fact that cruelty to animals is against the law, whenther those animals are feral or not.

:p

Hix

That is really sad, specially since it was a frog that was hanging around for you to enjoy. I love cats and congratulations to all of those out there who have desexed their cats and lock them up at night. i grew up on a farm and cats have their place but if i am out hunting and i see a cat without a collar it is usually disposed of quickly and humainly.. saying you have an air rifle laying around or to use a sling shot is just silly - if you have an air rifle and you are a liscened firearm owner it should be locked away. using a slingshot will do nothing more than injure the animal.

i would suggest you set up a cat trap and start taking them into the pound or if you know it was likely to be your neighbours cat then go and have a chat to them and explain why it is important to lock cats up at night etc

Sorry about the above post i missed the "of" when i first read it :oops:
IF someone was able to use a slingshot well they could easily kill a cat humanely, so it isnt cruel at all, slingshots were once the best military weapon in the world and according to the bible they can even kill giants so a feral cat wouldnt put up much resistance.
Cruelty to any animal is bad, not killing feral cats is cruel IMO.
I wouldnt ever kill anyones pet, that job is for the rspca.

Hopefully there are a few more of those frogs jumping around in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back