Grrrr Sales people

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just yell out "hang on a minute ,be right there ..." and leave him/her standing there ..you go about your business inside and forget about them ...they get the hint.... and if they knock again say the same thing ...its quiet amusing to see how long they will be there ,some get the hint straight away ,but some take a while ..:)
love it. im going to try that with the next sales person that comes to the door. when i get them on the phone and they just start their speech i put the phone down and leave it for 15 minutes. their usally gone when i pick it back up, tho 1 time the person was still going, lucky i wasnt listerning lol

I must admit I feel for these people(door to door salesmen or women) It must be a really hard job and you have to respect the fact that at least they are getting off their backsides and are trying to earn a living. Yeah, there are always going to be the pushy and obnoxious ones but that is no different than in any other industry. I feel that if they are polite and respectful to the fact that you are not interested then there is no need to be rude and disgusting to them.....

Living out in the mountain wilderness, we've had only 1 doorknock in the 2 years or so we've been here. And they were joho's, not salesfolk.

We get a shocking amount of telemarketers though, and they're often surprisingly rude.

I would never be rude ... except i find if you are polite they take that as an indication not to take no for an answer.

I had one sales person that was very persistent, I ended up walking away and sitting back down with him still at the door calling out , that we would be sorry, and what were we going to do, watch home and away on tv for the rest of our lives? (you had to know what he was selling to understand the comment)
I complained of course because i felt he was very rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back