GTF central coast

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
a friend 'found' a green tree frog somewhere around gosford 2 weeks ago, last week he called to ask for advice on its set up and why it wasnt feeding, it seems his setup is ok but its still not eating, apparently all it does is try to escape the enclosure and glare and them wanting to get out. He thinks its really stressed and wants to let it go.

he doesnt have a license and didnt buy it off a licensed breeder, it was stuck on a shop window and he decided his son might like it.

he wants to release it back to where he found it, will it survive a winter in gosford?

he says its about teh size of 2x50c pieces.

he has no other animals that it could have caught any captive diseases from.

if theyre naturally in the gosford area anyway i figure it would be ok to release it since as i said he couldnt have caught anything nasty,...but i thought they were from qld and gosford would get too cold over winter,...

any thoughts?

There are "Green tree frogs" on the central coast.
Im sure it will survive, it was probably planning on living through the winter anyways
also there is still a few cold blooded animals on the move around Gosford at the moment.

Maybe contact sofar and give it to them?

I think they can be found down here but are very uncommon. It could have been someones pet they didnt want anymore...

oh, so there are naturally occuring gtfs there?
in that case i can let him know its ok to release it,...as i said, its only been held captive fro 2 weeks, so hopefully it could still find somewhere to chill over winter. (no pun intended, lol,..)

Sel, wouldnt sofar be likely to put him down?
id rather that didnt happen since it wasnt the frogs fault it got picked up by a human,... :(
im assumig its a wild caught not escaped captive by how stressed he apparently is.

ill wait for few more comments before i call him back,....thanks for the replies so far! :p

i found one at work in newcastle 3 days ago.... it seemed healthy and friendly, but i relocated it, out of danger.

great, thanks for that! :p

it seems even the hitch hikers have established themselves so i'll let him know he can release it tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back