GTP ! Bargain.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olivehydra

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G-rave T-urtle P-redicament, got your attention? :wink:
For ALL reptile lovers, especially turtophiles please visit www.aftcra.org.au and join up to help save our wonderful turtles. I'm sure Craig (expansa) has previously posted about this, but I believe the response from us (herp community) has been very lacking. I myself have been slack, but today posted my dollars. I'm sure expansa would be only too happy to explain in more detail to those who would like to know more. To my knowledge AFTCRA is his baby, but I dont feel it is just his burden to promote, thus my post. We often engage in discussions about reptile conservation and awareness, and why organizations such as RSPCA do little to help. We can do more than talk in this case, and yet we have not.
I for one think that a membership to AFTCRA would make the ideal Christmas pressie for that someone we all know who is hard to buy for :?:
Thanks for listening, and dont forget that turtles share the same home as our wonderful snakes.

Hi Olivehydra,
Thanks for the recommendation for the association.

We were thinking of donating a python, ie Diamond or Children's python het (for the Caramel albino colour) to raffle for any new members of AFTCRA Inc that come from APS. After a given period, those who wish to be included would have their name put into a hat and the winner would have the snake free of charge (if they could arrange to have it picked up or pay for freight)/. What do you think?

AFTCRA Inc is a non-profit organisation dedicated to help endangered turtle species from being wiped out and believe me, some of them are on the verge of becoming extinct the way the river systems are with damming and pollution etc.

Regards,
Craig
Expansa1
www.aftcra.org.au

I think the raffle idea is a good one, anything to generate interest. I have been keeping an eye on this thread.....130 odd reads and no response??? I hope everyone has been too busy filling out application forms :wink:

It's a great cause but seeing as I only have $13 to my name I'll have to wait a little before I can become a member, but I urge people to support this cause, put your money where your mouth is.

OK you won me as a member but I'm not sure I'd want to join a club that would have me as a member :)
Craig is there any way to pay the membership fee by E.F.T?

africancichlidau said:
OK you won me as a member but I'm not sure I'd want to join a club that would have me as a member :)
Craig is there any way to pay the membership fee by E.F.T?

Hi africancichlidau,

Legally, we need a signature on the form as part of the regulations that we must adhere to. If you want to do an E.F.T you must give your name as a reference and also complete the form and send it in as well.

The details are Westpac Bank Account name: AFTCRA Inc.
BSB:034127
Account number: 195701
Also, on your form can you write APS somewhere so we can include you in a raffle for a python we are planning on having if it is approved by the moderators of APS.

If you want to fax the form to AFTCRA, the fax number is 07 5447-9331.
AFTCRA Inc. email address is [email protected]

It would be great to have you as a member!!

Regards,
Craig
Expansa1

first of all i have to say that was a good way of getting attention! and secondly i have to addmit that i too have been very slack... i still havent sent in my membership :oops: i'll send it off as soon as money permits!
and i think the raffle is a great idea... but just one question... why not a turtle or 2 for the prize?? just a thought..
good luck with it all
Megz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back