GTP question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroy1983

Reaction score
Im hoping to grab myself a GTP at the VHS expo tomorrow, and ive read where some people say their pythons are native Australian pythons. My understanding is that all the snakes we buy here are natives, so are there non natives for sale here aswell?

Png animals that were smuggled in to Australia are here but what's here you are aloud to keep I only keep png locality type animals

They where smuggled in years ago and bred with natives ect.

You can get both here. Like Igotje said. Most are a mix of locales from png, some native cross png's and some pure natives. All are excepted. If your looking to buy a pure native do some research on the breeders and ask to see the adults.

Thanks for the help ended up picking a nice juvinile gtp at the expo yesterday that they guy said was a native although I'm not exactly sure how to tell the difference but doesn't matter it's a awesome little snake that over the moon with.
DSC_0028.jpg

Last edited:
looks awesome leeroy, can you show us a picture of your enclosure? i pick mine up friday

Do you have pictures of the parents? From them you can tell, but still not a 100% sure. Every one should keep records of the bloodline their breeding, so maybe the person who sold it to you can tell something else about this little gem ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I hoping for some advice on feeding my baby, she was being fed on pinkie mice but she doesn't seem interested I've tried scenting them with chicken soup, unscented and even tried rubbing them on my green tree frog but still interested. Are there any other methods out there?
Thanks

I hoping for some advice on feeding my baby, she was being fed on pinkie mice but she doesn't seem interested I've tried scenting them with chicken soup, unscented and even tried rubbing them on my green tree frog but still interested. Are there any other methods out there?
Thanks

Give it time to settle.The enclosure it is in seems way too big,much better to keep a hatchy in a tub as it is easier to keep the correct temps and make them feel more secure,not to mention being more escape proof.If it was feeding for the breeder then there is no reason it wont feed for you if the setup is correct.Try getting in touch with the breeder for advice as he knows the animal better than anyone on here would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back