Gtp rack ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the middle of building a rack and I was looking at it and thinking it would be cool if left the top a enclosure what are your thoughts
7cb359cc-80c0-6ef8.jpg

7cb359cc-9b0b-0f19.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure that someone would have done something like that before...?
I guess it's depend on what you put in the enclosure (furniture wise), but you might need a vertical in the bottom shelves to stop the enclosure floor sagging over time.

wouldent the tubs be strong enough to stop the droop,

If its for GTP's, instead of running the heat chord on the bottom of each shelf, run it at the back wall so you have a proper ambient heat gradient. Just an idea. It's pointless to have heat at the bottom of their tubs.

If its for GTP's, instead of running the heat chord on the bottom of each shelf, run it at the back wall so you have a proper ambient heat gradient. Just an idea. It's pointless to have heat at the bottom of their tubs.
yeah i have not realy thought to much about where ill router in the heat cord im playing around with temps before i router it in.

wouldn't the tubs be strong enough to stop the droop
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't consider the tubs to be part of the structural design. They might become a tight fit and getting them in and out would become a problem, especially at the front with the weight of the glass.

My heat cord is on the back wall of my rack for my GTP's.

Hey Jason how big are your tubs and how many zig zags of cord did you use?

And yeah robo1 good point wasn't thinking about the weight of the glass.

I decided to build a enclosure for the top out of the spare wood.
7cb359cc-a82d-e759.jpg

Cheers Brenton

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back