GTP (Sorong Male)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

Just thought I would post a pic of one of my Sorong GTP'S.

Cheers

Solar 17 (Baden)

Attachments

• gtp 260109 014.jpg
    gtp 260109 014.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 417
any clutches in the future?
whats the differences between an australian GTP from up in north QLD and sorong? or are they the same?
Arent there GTP's in PNG

Sorong is a place in PNG yes. There's only slight diferences between aussie and PNG GTPs and all forms can interbreed. Personally Sorongs are quite possibly my favourite form.

Baden, is that from the line Western Rocky posted a while ago? How old is that one?

I'm hoping to get in on that line in the next year or so. Really love em. Yours is no exception, beautiful animal.

Nice sorong , you can't go past that awesome blue stripe! They have to be my second fav locale after our own aussie gtps.

Yeah awesome mate, It would be hard for me to choose my favourite ether these guys or pure aussies, IMO they are heaps better then all those speckled ones.

undeniably a beautiful snake you have there solar 17.
Just wonder what your thoughts are on whether openly admitting that your Gtp is an exotic somewhat gives NPWS a very legitimate reason to confiscate your animal? Hope i'm not coming across wrong as i dont want to get flamed, i'm genuinely just curious.(i've been away from forums for a cpl years, ppl used to at least sort of keep up a facade of their gtp's being at least possibly native....)
Once again a very beautiful python you have there mate.

Just wonder what your thoughts are on whether openly admitting that your Gtp is an exotic somewhat gives NPWS a very legitimate reason to confiscate your animal? Hope i'm not coming across wrong as i dont want to get flamed, i'm genuinely just curious.(i've been away from forums for a cpl years, ppl used to at least sort of keep up a facade of their gtp's being at least possibly native....)

There are fortunately a few pure locality GTP lines left in aus that have been here since the amnesty and are legit. I'm not sure of other localities but there's suppose to be 2, if not a few more pure sorong lines from pre-amnesty days that have been made legit since then. So even if Parks and wildlife confiscated this specimen it should be fairly straight forward procedure to prove innocence.

To put iut simply, be careful what you buy and you've got nothing to worry about. Go with popular lines that have a history.

Thanks disasterpiece, i am aware of this but thought the reason they were legitimised was because they couldn't be proven to be either Australian or exotic through genetic differences. To openly say ''this is an exotic'' seems a bit different to me, but anyway it's neither here nor there to me Lol.

re GTP

Like scrambled eggs disasterpiece,some went on to be australian natives and have pegigrees with citizen ship,others come from far flung areas and never fully embraced australian culture,its these multi coloured misfits that you seek to destroy,embrace multiculturalism stop viridus persecution,take in the refugees.:)

Lol, thanks zulu now it all makes sense, it's about that tampa thing, rising sea levels, economic difficulties in 3rd world countries, dictators etc etc. Ofcourse.

I will enjoy the animal for what it is before me... complete beauty .. natures masterpiece :):):)
Cheers
Sandee :)

are you kidding. if you knew solar 17 from his past threads and post that he has made you would know that he is above board and there would be no reason for NPSW to confiscate his animal. if you read up on gtp you will find that dna testing has been done between the PNG and australian forms and they both carry the same dna.
anyway nice sorong solar 17. cheers

Lmao funcouple, you have got to be tripping or just missing the intention behind an innocent question.

Great python you have there!! This is a definate wish list species I hope to own one of these days!!

Bax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back