Guitar lessons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonian

Reaction score
Can anyone recomend an online site where I can learn basic guitar skills like chords & how to reab tabs etc anything for a first timer.

I bought a guitar yesterday, my fingers are stinging and I havn't learnt to play anything yet lol. I had a bit of a look around online today and got totally confused with the lingo used (chords, power chords, tabs, minors, hammer, slide, pick, blah blah) no idea what any of that stuff is.

It is much better going to a teacher, trust me you will learn MUCH faster and get out of bad habits if you have any. Most internet sites aren't that good but harmonymusic is good and has forums too.

There is some ebooks in various forums that are pretty handy.... Fretboard Roadmaps and the chord and scale dictionary are not bad for basics.

I learnt the hard way, with a chord book and no teacher....took a lot longer to get going with it.

Now I have been playing over 20 years and teaching for about 15 years.... I really recommend going to get lessons for at least 6 months to get the basics down and develop good habits.

id would say if you dont want to pay, youtube, you can learn some stuff off that, pm me if you have any questions with your guitar and stuff i might be able to help?

at the start learn chords and stuff

a chord is a mixture of usually 3 notes, the 1st 3rd and 5th note so if your in c major and playing a c chord it will go C E G they are the notes of the chord if your in c major playing a G chord it will be G B D you will learn this over time dont worry so much about a lot of theory besides the basic notes and which string is which it takes alot of practise and hard work dont give up!

going form fattest string
E
a
d
g
b
e

Edit: i dont mean dont learn theory i mean just at start learn the basics then when you get more confident start learning theory it will help alot

I just want to try and learn some basics over the internet for a week or so 1st then decide whether I would like to take it up or not. If I feel confident about picking the lessons up I will pay for tuition, but if I find it is too much to sink in or I have trouble understanding it (even if I just get bored of it) then atleast I will know upfront before committing to lessons & losing any funds.

if I find it is too much to sink in or I have trouble understanding it (even if I just get bored of it) then atleast I will know upfront before committing to lessons & losing any funds.

Thats what I did, then I sold the guitar and amp to some guy off APS. LOL :lol:

Hope you have better luck than me mate.

yea ultimate guitar is a great site, but a warning, do not go into "the pit" it is the most messed up place on the internet, most of them will never give you a serious answer, the other forums on it are alright just head towards guitar and bass basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back