bad advice for novice hunters/shooters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my shottie is a Lanber 2087 O/U, nice gun for the price. It doesn't quite fit me so i've had to compensate with my aiming but now that i know my gun i hardly ever look down the barrel anymore. Just point and shoot.

If you're going to get a shotty get a double barrel, either over under or side by side they shoot pretty well the same, you'll be happier for it.

cant justfiy spending the cash on a double barrel as im only going to use the thing once a year during duck season and im only shooting for me so i'll probably take 2 or 3 ducks at most and i dont need two shots.

Do what you've got to do but i recon you'll be happier with a double and you'll have a much easier time if you decide to sell it on. And no one says you have to load the 2nd barrel :p.

i figure $50 for a shotty(with family discount) that will be in better nick than any from a gun shop will do me just fine.

Yeah back to the original rant....that is shocking advice and just like some given on here about herps...LOL

I have to agree with the "marlin tag", they are factory produced crap, although for a beginner first gun, their light and do the job to get your eye in with. I also agree to learn with open sights.
I will brag about my genuine Nikon for the US, the optics are unreal. I mounted this on my Bruno 17HMR and does the trick up to medium roos no probs with the right shot of course. There was some serious stalking to bag this one, my mates property has regular hunters and the game are super shy.
Pic of just a few from last months day trip with the .17....

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 94
as i said family discount my god farther is a gunsmith / dealer/ collector, the enfield will be the first gun i have bought that i havent bought off him; hes got one but its part of the complete enfield set

the one that really spun me out was when i was down at the range and a supposedly expireance shooter was telling a young kid that a 300 win mag was a great first rifle, i almost exploaded.

You really got me hanging to get my weapons out where i live now Hoogs. I've just moved from Darwin to a community in Arnhem Land and this is what we wake upto every other morning...

harrytrotter.jpg

jeez gordo you have changed in appearance some what since the last wedding dress photoshoot ??? now your sporting some spots and some form of tail ??? please explain ? :)

jeez gordo you have changed in appearance some what since the last wedding dress photoshoot ??? now your sporting some spots and some form of tail ??? please explain ? :)

I've developed a German fetish, and the Germans have a pig fetish. Logical really.

i think you may have a minor pig problem up your way mate

I personally don't see it as a problem ;) except when they get into my veggie patch.

You really got me hanging to get my weapons out where i live now Hoogs. I've just moved from Darwin to a community in Arnhem Land and this is what we wake upto every other morning...

harrytrotter.jpg

You could have at least photoshopped the knife into a lightsabre ;)

i agree with you entirely a light saber is far more appropriate... did you get the mongrel in the end??

i agree with you entirely a light saber is far more appropriate... did you get the mongrel in the end??

Nah funny story actually. We found him just outside our yard just on the edge of a floodplane rooting around under a tree. Me and my flatmate jumped the fence and put a massive stalk up on him, i got so close that i could have touched him. This was all without any weapons and when i did get that close to him i thought, 'Oh bugger, what do i do now?' Luckily he didn't notice us and wandered off, then we started chasing him. He got away but he ran into our community where the dogs chased him back down into our yard lol. But Nah we couldn't catch him and he ended up smashing down a fence and got out.

There's a video of it on my FB page.

fair nuff

another question guys where do you buy your reloading stuff from online i.e brass, projectiles, primers ect.

haveing trouble finding anything worth while, and im really not willing to pay ls prices

i started shootin at a target in the backyard with iron sights with an air rifle

If you can shoot you can shoot scope or not....if you cant then do the world a favour and get rid of your guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back