Has anybody got any thoughts about this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andynic07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A mate of mine had this and another die just before hatching. They had coloured eyes but as you can see this one has some black on its head and is enlarged. The other one had a normal sized head and no black at all. They were from normal Bhp pairings.
uvu4yrar.jpg

Would that be classified as a leucistic BHP, or do they only develop their colours in the final stages of development prior to hatching out??? Have the others in the clutch hatched yet???

Last years and yes they have and were normal I believe. Not sure when the colour develops. Has anyone had bhp's die early and look like this?

looks like something went very wrong. Could be a genetic thing that just isn't able to survive, underdeveloped embryo or maybe something went wrong during incubation.

Will be interesting to hear what more experienced people think.

Little bit more information. The eggs were pipped at day 60 and this one was not moving but the normal looking white one was still moving but died after that. I have also since found out through BHP facebook site that they colour up around day 50.

Do you mind if I put this pic on FB page "reptile mutations" to see what people think about it??? Haven't yet, thought I'd ask first....

I've had an under-developed dead woma come out looking almost albino. I think pigment just comes in at a later stage.

In mammals the pigment starts to develop from the head down, I am not sure if its the same with reptiles though?>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back