heat mats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably wouldn't recommend it; heat mats aren't designed to heat air (ie leaf litter). You would be better of sitting a bathroom tile on the heat mat, then putting leaf litter on it. The heat mat will keep the tile constanty warm. Plus the leaves could be a fire hazard - especially if you don't use a thermostat (you should), or if you put the probe in the wrong spot.

regards,

Lockie

Thanks for that. A mate give me one, Ive never used them. Im a globe man meself. Its says nothing on the package about any warnings but common sense prevailed. I have a flat rock on it but animal seems to push substrate over the top of it, so I turned it off. The tile sounds like an ideal solution.. Thats if i continue to use it.:D

No worries Snakehunter. Do a quick search on 'heat mat' and you'll find a few posts on how to set them up, some accidents, what to do, and what not to do.. some posts have pics of enclosures burnt by the mats as well.

regards,

Lockie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back