Heating tile self made

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like it make sense. If the wire is long then there is more resistance and therefore more heat !

G 8)

Of course it is Ga Ga!! I must have too much red on board to miss that one, I was thinking in reverse :) Hehehe, you know, the worst part of this is, I'm a bl**dy Sparkie :)

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I AM 13 lol. Why dont you just stick an electric blanket between 2 tiles?

If you folded the blanket enough to fit between 2 tiles it would kink the wire causing hotspots possibly starting a fire or at least burning out the element. Also by wrapping it around the tile you have 3 tiles acting as a heat sink which is far better than 2. 13 or 30, it was a good question Belleinda.

Sounds like a cheap alternative to me.
I was curious as to how long they would last roughly or if they need replacing at all? And can they be used from above like a radiant heat panel? Also can you shorten the wire to make several smaller tile units rather than one large 1?

I am using full lenght type for 2 years now.
I think that you can make smaller ones as my friend greg did this, but they will get less hot.
Looks like they will last same time like electric blanket.

hey slateman ur idea works so well.... i made one a few hrs ago n its workin well...... my mum thought i was gonna kill myself witht he electrical side but i pulled thru n lizzies r luvin it.... thanx dude for ur idea works a treat
hv u got urs plugged into ur thermostat or do u just leave urs on permanently??? will it get too hot if left on permanently??
ta NEV

I have mine tiles regulated by termostat in most of cages.
In one cage i have short wire and tile is not getting to much hot, so i have it permanently on and snake love to warm his bely on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back