Hello APS! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Carinata

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello APS!,

I've been browsing this site as a guest for about 2 and a half years now and thought I should become a member as I've finally got my Python. The last 2 and a half years I've been researching into which python would be the best for me and I finally decided. I read and re-read husbandry books that I bought thanks to the advise of this forum. Just got to say that Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons and The Complete Carpet Python are excellent books and cant agree more that every new keeper should buy them!

So, I guess you would like to know which little beastie I decided on then? ;)

Well, I'd like you to meet Zephyr! He/She is a hatchling Rough Scaled Python (hence my name on here). I've had him/her for about 2 weeks now and I've just started tentatively having a hold. They feel amazing! His little click-clack is a 7L Sistema tub with some dowel and coconut peat as substrate. Temps are about 31-32 at the hot end and 27 on the cool.

He's already had a bit of a nip but that's because I gave him a scare, didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. If it wasn't for the small blood specks and actually seeing him nip, I truly wouldn't have noticed!

Here are some pics of him and his set-up, I'll try to get some more with my camera tomorrow. If you have any advise of his/her set up please let me know, really want to get this right to avoid any problems.

(iPhone pics - says it all really)
Zephyr (2).jpg
Zephyr.jpg

Thanks,

M.Carinata

Two and a half years browsing, there is no way I can accuse you of not making a reasoned decision before joining:D. Great to have you with us Sheila. It sounds like you have done a load of research and your snake is going to have a lovely life. You don't see many people keeping these. I have just looked at some old threads on here and they really are gorgeous snakes, you will have to post some more pictures.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Thanks for making me feel welcomed! I only took so long to choose because timing was always off and when I thought I was ready, the season wasn't right for Hatchies. It was a tough wait but so worth it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back