Hello Complete Newbie Here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justin_es

Reaction score
hey guys the name is justin im from the Penrith sydney are of NSW
im a complete newbie to the whole scene and have been having ALOT of trouble getting info that i need and contacts as people are very tight with what they can tell me cus of all the animal protection laws when working at a pet shop (understandable i guess)

anyways im interested in buying turtles i am currently waiting for my NSW reptile licence to turn up in the mail and im setting up my turtle tank so its all ready to go so when i get my licence hopefully that same weekend i can go buy my first turtle.

i currently am having alot of trouble finding breeders the 2 specific urtles im interested in are the eastern long neck or the snake neck turtle and the macquarie river or murray short neck turtle as i was told they are a good easy turtle to look after compared to alot of other turtles.

a name i have been given that i should be able to find on these forums is CRAIG LATTA i was told he is the man to talk to if i need to get a hold of information and for help

anyways please give me a warming welcome hello to all and hopefully in time i will become a known pressence in this community and maybe even start helping newbies as my self in the future

cheers guys

cheers guys thanks for the g'days

hopefully someone with the knowhow on turtles will come online soon LOL

Yes mate, Craig Latta is Expansa1 on this site so you can easily PM him. Pity you didn't come to the Mac Herps meeting on Friday night as we had a turtle breeder there with, you guessed it, Long Necks and Macquarii for sale. Never mind.

thanks alot peterjohnson64 appreciate that heaps
also whats these Mac Herps meetings all about im interested in learning all i can and if it requires rocking up to some meetings then ill definately be there

also him having turtles for sale last friday is no good for me i havent YET received my licence SHOULD be in my letter box mid this week then woohoo here we go lol

thanks for your help mate

Hi Justin, I am a newbie to turtles as well. I read something on this site which was really comprehensive about the care of turtles. The URL is http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/articles/chelidae-by-craig-latta-71763 As far as breeders go, I do know of one. I didn't get mine from her, but I have contacted her before about buying hatchlings. Not sure if she has any at the moment though, but she may be able to point you in the right direction. I don't remember her name, but she works at Gates of Eden pet shop in Morriset. It's not in Sydney, but only an hour and a half drive or so. The phone number is 49 733 858.

thanks guys you have all been great help

easter snake neck i will be sure to drop you an email very soon
and jenjen ill give that URL a look and maybe even that woman you speak of a call too (ive notived that URL was written buy the actual guy im looking for haha he must be very reputipal around here)

thanks again to everyone and and happy to hear all the hellos

im even open to some pm's from locals to me so we can maybe all help each other out with our tanks and turtles or even snakes i dont mind but prefer turtles LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back