Hello from Perth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamson

Reaction score
Would just like to say what a great forum heaps of info and I am now truly addicted

Have just got my first snakes a pair of stimson's and hope to progress from here to Carpets and then Womas when I am more experienced in this wonderful hobby although I will have to save up my pennies agian after spending all the carpet's money on another Akita

Cheers

Congrats on your stimmies and welcome to APS...Bout time we get some more WA ins...lol

If ya need any info on great ppl to buy from in Perth/WA feel free to pm me...

Regards...
Ash...

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

I will try and get some pics next week of the stimi's (pilibra form) nexty week when I get my camera back.

What is an Akits

Thats my dog in the Avatar, i just got another boy pure white this time though

Ona second question what size viv is recommended for carpets I was thinking soemthing along the lines of 5 x 2 x 2.5ft(H) is that suitable?

Thats my dog in the Avatar, i just got another boy pure white this time though

Ona second question what size viv is recommended for carpets I was thinking soemthing along the lines of 5 x 2 x 2.5ft(H) is that suitable?

I have my 14mth old in a 4 x 2 x 2...but when he gets bigger i will give him an upgrade to a bigger size obviously...Eventually i have a 7 x 3 x 3 spare that he will move into when fully grown...Some will prolly say its too big, but id rather give my herps more rather thatn less space...

Congrats on your stimmies and welcome to APS...Bout time we get some more WA ins...lol

If ya need any info on great ppl to buy from in Perth/WA feel free to pm me...

Regards...
Ash...

Would love to get 'realistic' prices on carpet snakes. The cheapest I have found is $850 for a hatchling...is this reasonable?

By the way, welcome to the site from another 'Perthite':)

PS I have a pugalier!! LOL

Yeah thats about what you'd expect to pay. Armadale Reptile Centre had carpets for $660 a couple of months ago, not sure if they have any left.

Thanks for the heads-up...I'll give them a call.
Also, where can I get pinkies? Our stimmie won't eat the defrosted mice sold to us from the petshop (they don't sell pinkies) where we bought her. She hasn't eaten since Jan (when we bought her), has shed once and is a very active 3 yold! Thinking of giving the pinkies a go.

Hi there Im in Geraldton and have pair of stimies....hope to breed them ..and would like to get a south west carpet when money allows.We are a bit limited here in the west as to what we can keep...

Thanks for the heads-up...I'll give them a call.
Also, where can I get pinkies? Our stimmie won't eat the defrosted mice sold to us from the petshop (they don't sell pinkies) where we bought her. She hasn't eaten since Jan (when we bought her), has shed once and is a very active 3 yold! Thinking of giving the pinkies a go.

Forget about pinkies, she's too big for those. Maybe try weener rats?? Exotic Tropical Fish in Wangara will have them if you're NOR. Wild caught Stimson usually start having eating issues as the temps drop. If she doesn't eat in the next week or so, I'd just turn the heat down slowly and not feed her again until you start increasing the heat in Aug/Sept. I've had plenty go 6 - 12 mths without eating and have no ongoing probs.

Hi there Im in Geraldton and have pair of stimies....hope to breed them ..and would like to get a south west carpet when money allows.We are a bit limited here in the west as to what we can keep...
i agree we are very limited in the python range and i find they are quite expensive compared to the east

Did I read right ?
Your 3 yo stimsons is eating pinkies ??. something not quite right there.
maybe you could bring it down to the West Australian Reptile park and I might be able to give you some tips. We are in the swan valley. PM me if you need any details.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back