Hello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vliezy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey there just saying hello as im new to the site and new to the reptile scene, i have a 4 month old coastal carpet python whos name is ronnie. im thinking of buying another coastal, is this a bad idea to have them both in the same tank and if its not a problem should i use more heat??

Attachments

• Ronnie.jpg
    Ronnie.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 46
shouldnt house together only relly at breeding season just incase.
we wouldnt and u wouldnt relly like to see a thread come up saying OHH NO MY SNAKE is eaten or anything like that if u know wat i mean u could keep in a tub i suppose with some heat cord or heat mat for a bit

welcome mate. No-one will reccomend you to keep more than one snake in the same enclosure. there are some of us who do and have done for some time without issue. there are some who have had grave misfortune doing this also. having said this, no1 wants to be the bloke or sheila who said "go for it" and then have you come on a week later and ask why we gave bad advice. general consensus is do your research, understand the risks (and there are a lot) and weight them against the benefits and make a decision based on that (most would decide that the risks outweigh the benefits).

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm there are those who would............ we have an MD pair we have lept together for nearly 5 years................... they are the worst "snugglebunnies" we have seen!!!! it's a matter of how well they get on together
One tends to fret for the other if separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back