Hello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mathal

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here, new to snakes too :)

I'm still in the research stage however I think I will be getting a Bredli first then perhaps a Stimson.. I hope they are decent first snakes... hopefully juvies.

I will be building their enclosures but I am wondering what size I can make them. Would it hurt to go all out and build 2 * 4x2x2 enclosures or would I be better off starting smaller? I am planning on keeping the snakes till their (eventual - old age related) deaths so I would be happy to build something that will last them forever.

Do the enclosures need to be longer than they are high or would I need to put a decent amount of height into them ie 4Lx2Wx2H or 4Lx2Wx3H ?

So many decisions.. I want to make the right ones from the start :p

Go into chit chat and find a thread called "Newbi Information" should give you a good idea. Welcome to the site.

Welcome to APS Mathal....I hope you seek the right information from the people in here as alot of them know what they are talking about......Have a good one :D

hey mathal:) , there are a few threads around on this disscusion point .....i have recently got our first herp a juvi stimmi n was makin a viv myself bout your size n it wasnt ready in time, so in my impatience i grabbed a lil reptileone tank$150ish for temparary .....now he is settled in n happy i have learnt the importance of a small viv with lotsa hides = happy snake;)
ps my large viv is just about ready,just gota wire it up now he will be happy to move later on:D

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I have read that newbs post and that's got a lot of good info in it.

Can an enclosure be too big? Would it be better for the snake to be in a smaller enclosure first or start life off in a big one? :)

Good to start them in a smaller enclosure but once an adult bigger the better.

welcome to the site! you wont need something that big for any childrens pythons species. the book recomends 60cm (2ft) as a min so anywhere between 2 and 3 foot should be fine for em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back