Hello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade007

Reaction score
Hey There. I'm new to these forums so be gentle with me., i'm also quite new to reptiles. My son has/had a fasination with Lizzards, so for his Birthday last year the Wife and i thought it perfect to get him a Beaded Dragon, we then found out about the licences, but undeterred we pushed on. We got him two Beardies, a female and a male and an enclosure to put em in. He was rapt, he doted on them, fed them and raised them....... That was a year ago.

Now he's decided that there are more important things in his life. Girls!!!! and unfortunately Reptiles, Playstations, School, Friends, oh and Mum and Dad are just boring now. So here i am, got a son who thinks chasing girls should be an olympic event and two bearded dragons in need of some attention. Mum and his Sister think they are ugly and want nothing to do with them, so that leaves me.... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Dave

hi mate im from adelaide aswel

are u wanting some tips on how u can care for him?

or are u having to let them go?

has ur son had them for atleast 6months?

My beardys get mainly fresh veg, and dusted crickets and mealworms

i feed mine daily and 1nc a wk i give them a pinkie rat or mouse each that isnt something everyone does but i do it because i personally think its good for them and they love them!

making sure u have the proper heat and uv on them and making sure that they are healthy and there enclosures are clean and free from poops is a biggie too :)

fresh water needs to be availible to them all the time

if u work long hours i would reccomend a timer on ur switches so the lights can turn on and off by themselfs so they dont get left off or on for too long :)

Last edited:
also are they babys or adults?

if they are adults have u got an incubator ready for this season incase ur female lays eggs?

well im assuming that they are just over 12 months old? Eggs? Oh Crap thats right its a female / male thingy.... ummm.
Na im just kidding. Yeah he was getting into the breeding side of it with his dragons until he decided to get in some practice of his own..

" Eggs? Oh Crap thats right its a female / male thingy.... ummm."

U SCARED ME FOR A SEC LOL!
got any photos of the two?
how big are they atm?

Thanks PeeGee that will help...

There are probably pics somewhere in Ground Zero that he calls a bedroom, but will need the help of a frontend loader and a few cadaver dogs to find anything in there.
How big.... without measuring about 30cm long.

..Beaded Dragon..sounds nice!..lmao!!!...hmm is ones name sparkles?

but ...lol...do you have vitticeps or barbata?...oh yerh..WELCOME to APS!:p

yea that last comment made no sence d/l

how old and big were they when u got them blade?

has ur male been bobbing and that lately? mine have i find it so amusing lol

oh hahaha... just read my typo. There we go, my first post and already my flaws are showing through. Thanks dragon lady for showing off my brilliant typing skills... lol

BEADED ...instead of BEARDED!!!

Pogona vitticeps..=Central Bearded Dragon
Pogona barbata =Eastern Bearded Dragon

there are a few more just thought ide ask:D

lucky Sam didn't see it..lol...no probs!

u guys have confused me majorly!??

blade if u need anymore help ur more then welcome to also ask on the s.a group that i told u about if u need anyone from adelaides help with anything or drop me a pm

im off to bed but dragon lady is really good with her dragons! she can give u some more advice

Crikey!!!

Missllamathuen, they were supposed to be 7-8 months old when we bought them 12 months ago. and they were smallish.. lol. Sorry for being vague but back then they were just lizzards and i didnt have anything to do with them.

Dragon lady i still have no idea what you talking about. lol. Central? Eastern? how do you tell the difference?

yes!...my mind wandered to the look of the green vitticeps..rare but oh so nice!:p

Last edited:
oh boy!..lol

were did you buy then from?..store? private?
buying 2 you would need a permit unless they are held in separate names

if having a permit..you would have filled out a permit log book
the seller would have given you some identification on the species bought,as well as his/her details

start from there:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back