**HELP**angle headed having trouble eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardyBen

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :) my little 10 month old angle headed dragon is having trouble eating he trys to eat crickets (medium) and then spits them out like he cant chew it or something its only the last 2 weeks as usually hes a little pig when it comes to food. he managed to eat 1 small cricket yesterday the first in a week but thats all. usually he has been eating medium crickets every day but now spits it out straight away after catching it, so I tried a smaller food item and he took the 1 small cricket. has anyone got any suggestions??? any help would be much appreciated
cheers Ben

Its breeding time and if he is a male thats not unusual his hormones are all a flutter. Even though he is too young to breed.

Hmmm, hopefully some breeders can get on here and can give you some more advice then I'm about to, but if mine were behaving like that, I would be checking their mouth. Are there any sores? Abnormalities? Is he getting plenty of UV? etc etc
Good luck!!
Bex

When mine aren't very enthusiastic about their food and they're just eating cos it's there they don't chew very hard lol. I saw one chewing on a roach for about a minute and then he must have opened his mouth too much and it just ran off unharmed :lol:. But then I've seen the opposite when he crunched it once and it was dead straight away. Maybe he just can't be bothered? Maybe he's not that enthusiastic about it cos it's breeding season?

thanks guys, yeah its a bit puzzling maybe hes just not interested cause hes got ladies on his mind ( not that i know yet if hes a he or she :) ) I might give him a bit more uv light and see if that helps I checked his mouth for any sign of sores or inflamation and it seems fine. i guess i'll just keep giving him small crickets and see how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back