HELP beardies eyes stuck

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

selina2106

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me, i've recently had my first clutch of bearded dragons hatch and was keeping then on a substrate of sand. After about 2 weeks I noticed what I assumed was sand in some of their eyes so I cleaned them out with saline solution wich seemed to work for most of them. I still have 3 though wich seem to have gotten worse, its as though the sand has crusted and glued their eyes shut and therfor they can't eat cos they can't see their food. Any advice would be apreciated.

colliodal silver from the health food shop is an excellent bacteria cleaner and lubricator. soak some on some cottow wool and put on their eyes.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. And i got rid of the sand as soon as i noticed theyre eyes

ur welcome..you might have to soak them quite a bit to unstick their eyes, its excellent for them to drink to keep the immune system up. it comes in bottle or spray, up to you, could try spraying it on the eyes, but would recommend soaking them with the cotton wool. put 1 cap full of silver to 1/2ltr water for drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back