Help!!! Blue-Tongue sick

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi05

Reaction score
Hey, my 12 yo blue tongue lizard over the last 2 months has become sick now increasing in his sickness I am stuck at what to do next. I know he is getting on with his age but I'm sure there is something to do to fix him.I'll tell you a bit about him before hand. He had been living with us his whole life. He was actually found in the backyard in my dogs month as a youngster and having a reptile background we decided to help him out with minor cuts and a broken leg he mended and we have been inseparable since. He is the easiest lizard I have ever owned not anything like the others he's not fussed on heating never really used it when he had it, lighting never fussed him and he has never had it (does go out in the sun often), he is on sand with a basic log a rock clean water and he never could be bothered with live food so his diet has been all different veggies, fruit, dog food, snails, meat clover, egg really anything offered. He is so laid back easy going even lived with a python of mine a few years ago.So this illness he developed. The last couple of months he's been sitting at the corner of the tank, not eating although did get one small meal of snail into him about a month ago and have offered him a wide variety all the time, he has been shedding the last couple of weeks and struggling have been warm bathing him but still not working, his fingers look sore with cuts and bleeding occasionally they also look like they are mis shaping he also has a small mark on his neck and his eyes look drawn back he is not happy and not moving around as much. I'm so worried please suggest anything I will really try everything I can the next option is a vet.Thank you so much

You have let him get sicker for 2 months?!
Take it to a vet.

In the mean time, can you provide pictures of your Bluie and it's setup?
And what temps are you running? Hot end, cool end and basking spot.
How often are you providing supplements?
What kind of UVB are you running?
12 years old isn't really old.

For future reference, taking an animal from the wild is illegal and irresponsible and keeping a bluetongue with a python is a pretty bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back