Help - Boyd's has given up on life

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that ingie - some things can't be turned around unfortunately.

J

Sorry to hear. I'm very impressed with the effort that you went to to save Boyd, I think you've done extremely well.

ive been following this thread and it sounds like you did everything you could, im sorry to hear about vernie, they become almost like your kids these reptiles and its hard to loose them

Ingie, I'm sorry to hear that. You did your best - sometimes they just aren't meant to survive. But you and those of us who have been following this thread have learned something - or at least I have - so Vernie has left something positive behind.

RIP little guy.

:cry: I'm so sorry he didn't make it.
You did everything you could and kept him going longer than he would have without you.
R.I.P Vernie, he will be missed by Ingie and probably everyone that has read this thread including me :(

Take some comfort out of the fact that the little fellow is no longer suffering. He certainly had a better quality of life after you rescued him from his previous situation. Unfortunately you were not to know the extent of the damage already done. As a result, it was always going to be an uphill battle well and truly against the odds.

There is a bright side to this (that others have mentioned). It is very much a learning experience. Apart from the wonderful little gems scattered throughout the thread, such experiences tend to teach us to look more critically at our animals, to pick up on nuances that we might otherwise overlook, to be that little bit more observant and in tune with their behaviour. It is my personal belief that true affinity for reptiles emanates from caring. Circumstances aside, it is rewarding to observe.

My condolences,
Mike

It really means a lot to me to hear all of your support, thank you. I am happy that I found Vernie, I learned a lot from looking after him and got a lot of fantastic advice from people in this thread. It is sad that he didn't make it but I am happy that I put the time in and made him feel as comfortable as I could. I never imagined that one little lizard would be so time consuming but it was actually really enjoyable for me to give him the extra care, gave me a warm fuzzy feeling :p Don't know if Vernie felt so warm and fuzzy about it though! I used to feel like he would see me coming with the woodie bin and get this expression of 'Not YOU again!'.

Just goes to show that when buying any animal you should allow for the fact they may be far more time consuming than you first imagined, so don't overload yourself. Luckily I don't have much of a social life so I have no worries spending every waking moment tending to my zoo lol.

<3 <3 <3 Vernie
Screenshot2011-07-13at65333AM.png

APS forum to the rescue again! Whats that saying about too many cooks..

APS forum to the rescue again! Whats that saying about too many cooks..
I would question if the sentiments you appear to be expressing are applicable, let alone appropriate under the circumstances. A modicum of sensibility and the smallest measure of sensitivity would surely dictate that!

Need I remind you that veterinary advice was also sought throughout? That aside, if you believe there is a recurrent problem that arises from such requests for help, then give voice to your concerns in a separate thread. If they are important enough to mention in a post that has no positive contribution to the thread at hand, then surely they are important enough to state clearly and unequivocally so that we may all be clear on what it is that concerns you. Alluding to issues serves no useful purpose to anyone but it can be readily misinterpreted and in the context of the present thread, can likely add a sour taste to the conclusion of what appears to have been a genuinely harrowing experience. Only through being clear and up-front about your issue is there any practical potential to make positive inroads into rectifying it.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back