Help for Hypsilurus spinipes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southside Morelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have read the care sheet for the Southern angle headed dragon posted here on this siteas well as others on the net, but info is very limited, but was wondering if anyone had any more info on viv setups, heating (live in Sydney to take into consideration) etc etc please.
I am going to purchase a trio, 2F + 1M and have a 3ft h x 3ft w x 2ft d aquarium to house them in, I got a high tank seeing they are arboreal and would display better.
Any suggestions on keeping up humidity, lighting, heating, substrate, etc etc would be unreal from ppl who have them. Pics of enclosures even better!
Thanks everyone, my first venture into dragons, can't wait.
Cheers
Scott...:)

I have just ordered some from Richard Grono. He has a fantastic care sheet, email him at [email protected] and I'm sure he would send it to you.
LOL Hey, so have I! From what I see he is prob the only guy selling at the moment.
Still waiting for the care sheet though.
Do you know much about them ie husbandry etc, how do you intend to set up?
Can you forward the care sheet if you have it pls, Rich may be out on the town tonight.
Cheers...
PS. Cool avatar:D

Tried to PM but it is not allowed, because of your preferences.
Let me know when you change it, easy just go into links and change it there, you probably know that.

Very simple.
Paper on the bottom till they are older, then use sphagnum moss.
Upright branches for them to rest on.
A water bowl.
UV light.
Mist daily.
No heat!!

LOL"How goods that Magpie, "Hooray for boobies" and Ron Jeremy all in one thread!!! I LOVE it!! :lol: :lol: Being very anal (no pun intended) I was hoping for a more detailed explanation to the setup to mimic these guys natural habitat as closely as possible!
Cheers guys..

Angle headeds thrive in rainforest conditions
Those reptariums from The Herp Shop are ideal as they need the air flow
I use a 25w ordinary globe for a little warmth during winter, please note they do not need to be heated (they prefer around 26-28 temp.)spray mist them every 2nd day or so
mine love to soak in a flat shallow water dish, they eat heaps of rep-cal dusted crickets
They breed like fleas if kept under the correct conditions
Hope this helps
Sandee :)

Angle headeds thrive in rainforest conditions
Those reptariums from The Herp Shop are ideal as they need the air flow
I use a 25w ordinary globe for a little warmth during winter, please note they do not need to be heated (they prefer around 26-28 temp.)spray mist them every 2nd day or so
mine love to soak in a flat shallow water dish, they eat heaps of rep-cal dusted crickets
They breed like fleas if kept under the correct conditions
Hope this helps
thanks for that Sandee, I appreciate the info.
I was thinking that due to the need for humidity/moisture, a semi-sealed aquarium like setup would be ideal, is the one you are refering too, have a mesh top?
Spagnum moss, where do you get that from and is the whole of the floor covered with it or only partially?

The Reptariums/herptariums I am referring to are black soft mesh with a zip opening
sorta like a flywire tent :) they are on The Herp Shop website, they are quite inexpensive as well :)
I use fine woodchips on the floor of my adults house
The younger dragons have no substrate at all as they are prone to mouth infections which are probably started from a fine scratch on the inside of the mouth possibly from any substrate
I have never had this problem because I was pre-warned about the substrate theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back