Help ID & herping in colder months

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewyy95

Reaction score
Today me and a mate trekked it for 4 hours through solid bush seeing what we could find.

We came across

5 copper tail skinks
6 velvet geckos
1 juvenile Green tree snake hiding under a rock
1 whites skink

Last edited:
oh no the thread busting herping police are on to you look out,

its a common skink the guy found near his house.

yea its a juvinile whites, i found a very young one a couple months ago and they look quite different to the adults.

oh no the thread busting herping police are on to you look out,

its a common skink the guy found near his house.

yea its a juvinile whites, i found a very young one a couple months ago and they look quite different to the adults.

Private reptile keepers have enough going against them with state authorities at present without people collecting wildlife and taking photos of them in their bedrooms for ID. You'd be naive to think otherwise.

It is a good rule of thumb not to post pictures on a public forum of any kind of you doing illegal things. Further than this I even apply this to that the pictures I have of me holding wild reptiles caught on scientific license (or frogs for that matter) are best not posted on a public forum.
To be honest as much as just picking the skink up is illegal and as Wally said this is the kind of thing the hobby does not want happening. Not to mention that the DECCW has actually been lax on this issue historically but more recently within the last couple years has started picking up the pace, I imagine the last thing you want happening is to face criminal charges (I mean it as a worst case scenario and warning not saying it is likely to happen).

By all means continue to enjoy herping and posting pictures but the lizard looks much better in its natural habitat anyway.

Private reptile keepers have enough going against them with state authorities at present without people collecting wildlife and taking photos of them in their bedrooms for ID. You'd be naive to think otherwise.

Take a couple of deep breaths and relax! Its not the end of the world and its likely that very little, if any, harm was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back