Help me pic my new snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekiel86

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I have a Beautiful pair of Dawrin pythons from David Reed ( best colours ) witch i hope 2 breed :D

Im looking at buying a secound pair of Pythons but cant make but my mind..:lol:

Love the look of the jungles ( but r they really as bitie as i hear>?):eek:
Qld BHP also high on my list but seen the breeding pair at reptile city and there where sooo much bigger then i thought they got..so so thinck! how big do they get>?:shock:

If not any other ideas..

cheers everyone.:p

Could try and find some Cape York carpets, some of them look similar to jungles and the ones I have are placid. Not entirely sure how big they're going to get though.

Hi, I think if you do not like huge pythons and want to breed them sucessfully then some Blond Macs ould be perfect. They are beautiful python which only grow to about 3 - 4 feet long. Another idea if you don't mind the size and don't have a budget are Womas. They are awsome snakes, but not great for the newbie breeder. Jungles are expencive, but grow only about 5 feet long. They can be a bit "bitie" but they are so beautiful.

So after going over the choices I gave you I would suggest the Blonde Macs. This is because you do not have to buy larger enclosures for them, you will not be intimmidated by their size, they are not too pricey, they are very friendly, and are quite good lookers to.

Hope this has helped!!!

Pics!!!

Ok here are some pics so you can get an idea.
1.Blonde Macs
2.woma
3. Jungle
My favorite looker is the jungle.

Attachments

• blonde mac.jpg
    blonde mac.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Woma.jpg
    Woma.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 26
  • jungle.jpg
    jungle.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 27
Hey
Cheers 4 that..Yeah the Womans my mate loves his but cant handel her with out getting a bite!
My aim is to save and make my gold of buying a pair of GTPs..
Anyone know anything on the size of the BHP..
are diamonds really pron to this diamond sindrome i hear about.. 7year life span?

cheers guys!!!!! :)

The jungles are amazing i love the markings..reminds me also of the darwins markings in pattern but not colour :)

Yo Fraser

The guy in your friends list Bed Reyn..wat snake is that in his main picture!.. i wont it hahaha

With the BHP's your looking at up and over the 8 feet mark some get to over 12 foot from what I have heard but I have personally seen quite a few 8 and 9 footers. they really are a great snake but if size is an issue like one of the above posts blonde maccies are agreat snake for size and if you look into it there r many variations in colour and pattern and they don't have the hefty price tag like the BHP's and Womas.

jungles can quieten down pretty quick . i was actually kind of disapointed that my yearling i purchased quietened down so quickly :lol:

Get an olive there beautiful. i have a 7 foot gil. But they do grow up to 14 foot and the size of a football.

Why not a second pair of Darwins. That way you can rest one female each year and breed with the other the next year. You'll have them breed every year without jeopardising the health of one female. Best results come from 'gentle' breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back