Help on this python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little hard to tell from those pics

Popping should only be done on hatchlings as I feel on older snakes it could be damaging

But hemipenes are VERY obvious.. they’re like when A male dog gets excited and sits down, you can’t miss it

But in saying that, popping can be ineffective and not always 100% accurate as they can “suck in” their hemipenes while being popped and therefore look like a female, this is why I do it multiple times if I’m not sure.. you know if you can successfully pop the same males multiple times, but can’t pop another at all multiple days apart, it’s a girl

Males you pop once, you know 100% it’s a boy, that’s either a girl or a male holding it in

I wish I took pics of mine when popping males, they’re as obvious as night and day
[doublepost=1587903809,1587903727][/doublepost]also after a certain age (couldn’t really tell you when), popping becomes useless as they have enough muscle control to hold in 9/10 times and at that age should be probed by a *professional*

I’d ask how old the snake is, if it’s over 9mths, definitely probe it

He also appears to be doing it the wrong way.. it’s supposed to be rolling up from base of tail, not down the tail

Oh ok. The person I’m getting it from said it was about a year old and was sexed and purchased from a guy who is really respected in the Herp society.. I don’t want to name names...

and that guy sexed it as a male.

Oh ok. The person I’m getting it from said it was about a year old and was sexed and purchased from a guy who is really respected in the Herp society.. I don’t want to name names...

and that guy sexed it as a male.
Definitely is a bit old to be popping, it very well could be a male, but as I said when they get older, they get better muscle control, I would get some
One to prove it, at that age is the only way

Or even if the original owner has a history sheet on the animal, he could tell you 100%

Back