*HELP* Pregnant Children Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebear

Reaction score
hi there all

long time i havnt been on
i had a few issues when i 1st started
but its almost been a year since i owned these pythons
and im loving it

new problem arise
my female is pregnant
im 99% sure its preg, belly huge, no eating, belly in the air,

to make things short
i need someone to help me provide Artificial Incubation for the eggs
as i dont want the female to take care of them incase of weak state

so if you live in Melbourne or north side of melb
please contact me
we can discuss on what we can work out

my direct contact detaiils

0402 688 628 or [email protected]
names minh

please i prefer SMS and ill call you back
i work often and cant answer the phone

G'day bluebear,

Why don't you build yourself a little incubator? If you get an esky, heat cord, thermostat, min/max thermometer and a plastic tub with vermiculite in it, you can hatch your own little Childrens and not have to worry about anyone else. It's very simple to do, I'm sure many APSers including myself would oblige in answering your questions.

Cheers

Why did you breed her if you can't look after the eggs??

Haha. Good point...

But then again, when my bro was first getting into snakes he purchased two coastals and was told they were sisters. Then one day one of the snakes was hiding under the newspaper and was kinda having an epilectic fit till he lifted the news paper and found that she was infact shivering to keep her clutch of eggs warm. :-D

The snakes weren't cooled and were feeding regularly and we're apparantly both females....

So yeah.... stranger things have happened.

Good luck with the eggs mate. I think you should just make yourself an incubator. There are heaps of good info on this site and just online about making incubators and they dont cost that much, depending on how high tech/extravagant you wanna go.

Check this out:
https://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/html/incubator.html

Quick easy and all the things for it can be easily purchased.

Also just do a search on here for incubator or something. N GOOD LUCK :-D

I will be in your area this week from tomorrow wednesday the 17th through to sunday 21st, Im actually hosting a documentry on croc keeping. I will send you an SMS a bit later - Still too early yet.

Cheers Rhys

I bought one for my quail eggs. Don't go for the auto turning for snakes. Not a good thing to do to reptile eggs. Non turning models are considerably cheaper.

incubator

hey bluebear,
congrats on your pregnant childresn python by the way!

steer clear of that type of incubator, that is designed for birds eggs which need to be turned. reptile eggs should not be turned after about 12 hours from laying!!! it will kill the embryo!
do a search on this site for incubators and there are heaps of ideas for simple to build incubators, from eskis as mentioned already up to large fridge freezer sizes. they are so simple to build even i managed to build on about a month ago!!!
all you need is a fridge/esky, a heat cord, thermostat, thermometer and a bit of glue or silicone and you are away, but as i mentioned do a searxch and that should help you out!
goodluck,
bombie

*help*

Yeh its extremely easy to build a little incubator,go to a pet shop that sells fish theyll usually give you some of the foam boxs they transport fish in.You use the two white foam boxs by taping one lid to the other so the two boxs fit one on top of each other,then cut a hole out of the lid you taped to the bottom box and put some mouse mesh on with clouts (little nails with flat ends that easily push into the foam to hold the wire which the plastic tub sits on).You then put a under tank heater or heat chord in the bottom section controlled by a thermostat,takes very little time to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back