Help Thick Tail Gecko Egg!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possum

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was just getting ready to go to bed and went to do my nightly ritual of feeding crix to my Geckos and low and behold, there was a nice big white egg! What do I do with it now.

I have put it the vermiculite mix with a tiny bit of water (weight to weight ratio) in a small reptile tub with vents and placed it on top of my snakes enclosure.

The snakes enclosure is constantly in the high 20's, is it alright to leave it there? Should it be airtight (altough in the wild I am sure they don't put them in cling wrap), should I wipe down moisture if it builds up? Can they grow in a normal room temperature?

Please help I lost both of my Leaf Tail eggs because I tried different things and this is my first reptile breeding season (I thought they were still too little to fornicate).

Wow! What a surprise for you, Possum!
I thought they were still too little to fornicate
Kids these days grow up so fast, and seem to know WAY more than we did at their age, hey! Hope all goes well with the egg. Will there be just the one? Can you keep us updated? Goodluck.

reptililian said:
Wow! What a surprise for you, Possum!
Kids these days grow up so fast, and seem to know WAY more than we did at their age.

I know and they bit the males tail off as well, I have two females. And whether he was frisky or they were grouchy, they didn't like him, so he is now in his bachelor pad while the girls whinge and complain about what he did to them! :oops:

His new tail is growing back nicely it looks like a like red cherry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back