Help with a tank : /

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

Hey guys, my little Darwin python is out growing her click clack pretty fast. And I was looking at her her a more permanent home. One she can grow into. I know people will say big enclosures aren't good for a hatchy etc, but there will be a multitude of hides. And if she seems to get stressed out, I'll keep her in the click clack, in the enclosure with the lid off and she can come out on her own. Which I think I will do anyway.

I am unable to build one of my own, which I would like to do but I can't atm.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
how old is the snake? and how big is the click-clack it's currently in?

go from a click clack to like a 50lt tub . starmaid make a decent tub with a tight fitting lid .

Attachments

• starmaid.jpg
    starmaid.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Thats what I wanted to do but mum is kinda a bit paranoid about something shorting out or, melting or something. Despite me telling her it's not going to I can't change her mind on it. Shes in a 15 lt tub at the moment, shes a year old now or just shy of a year.

Thats what I wanted to do but mum is kinda a bit paranoid about something shorting out or, melting or something. Despite me telling her it's not going to I can't change her mind on it. Shes in a 15 lt tub at the moment, shes a year old now or just shy of a year.
any heat source , weather it be ceramic heat emitter - globe - heat cord - heat mat has a risk of malfunctioning and short out or even cause fire . infact I have had more issues with ceramic emitters or globes due to having all that heat at the ceramic light socket with wire failing over time .

Yeah I know xD I even showed he click clacks on here and how they are all on a thermostat so they shut off and things. urgh trying to get her to feel okay about it is hard, which is why she wants me to get a proper tank. Shes being impossible :<.

Also I just went down the the shop to see if the guy there had anything bigger than a weaner mouse. Like a weaner rat or a fuzzy rat or even an adult mouse. (not too sure which one, but shes eating 2 weaners at a feeding and needs to go up a a size or two.) but all her had was large sub adult rats. >_> so I've been looking online but theres nothing. And I dont really need 100 rats in my freezer.s >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Any other opinions?

She should be fine in a larger enclosure as long as there are plenty of places for her to hide until she settles into her new home. I have just moved my 12 month old Bredli into an enclosure that is big enough for when she is an adult.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/diy-zone-5392/bredli-enclosure-scratch-211889/

Check out my thread and you'll see how I'm heating a tall enclosure.

As for food you should be feeding up to 20% of her weight weekly for a growing snake. My girl is 152g and I have her on hopper rats between 25-30g. If your having trouble sourcing food try a google search for rat breeders on your local area as you may find one that breeds "feeders" for reptiles. Or if you know a few people with snakes you can do a group order from one of the larger suppliers and share the cost.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Sadly I don't know anyone else in my area who has any reptiles. : /

They should have larger enclosure as long as there are places for them to hide until they settles into her new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back