Help with central beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add a liitle poweraid to the water The electrolites will stimulate eating & general health
Its worked with me with stubbin little ones that wont eat

iv never heard of this and it sounds pretty interesting could you please explain it in more detail
cheers

Ok for the those stubbin little beardies that wont eat
I was suggested to mix up in water spray container
approx 100ml of power aid & fill rest with water
As you would normally spray your beardies with water use this mix instead
I also have sprayed it over there salad with a lite sprinkle of calcium Or multi
As said by ace#74 The Elctrolites stimulate eating & general health for them

This gets those not so good eaters eating better & regulaly

Hello

Hello,

Just wondering how your little one with the lump on the back was doing?
Also, just make sure for awhile until he gets stronger, that there are not any tall basking areas for him to fall & hurt himself. He should start to get stronger with supplementation, & lighting. The reptiglo needs to be at 8 inches from him, but you also need a bright white basking light to protect his eyes. A daytime bulb or a halogen bulb should be fine as long as they are at least 5000K on the CRI chart of brightness.
I don't know if you can get products like jumpstart or benebac over there. They are appetite stimulants that are used for sick or thin reptiles that are dairy free & are very effective.

Let us know how he is doing. Thanks!
Tracie

Thanks for the help everyone, the little lizard is going well. We did mix poweraid with water and whether or not it helped, the little fellow liked it. We force fed baby food for 2 days and we have been getting it to eat dusted crickets now, so all seems to be going well, although he has really taken to being hand fed and seems to prefer it. The lump has settled and is not so tender, so hopefully the little fellow will be alright now.

Great

Hello,

That is good to hear your little one seems to be doing better. Does he get around any better, or does he still seem to favor it a little bit?
Yes, I bet he will love being handfed for awhile. As long as he is eating, that is what is important right now to help him get that nutrition he needs.
Keep us posted on his progress. Thanks.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back